Community

No signal

Started by: cazybaby
On: 12/08/2015 | 22:25
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: cazybaby
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:25
I've not had a signal on my phone for the entire day when checking the service checker they say there is a problem and they are working in the mast. Anyone know how long this can take. I can't make calls or texts unless it's iPhone and connected to wifi getting really annoyed at this.
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: asciimotog
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:30
Hi @cazybaby

I'm afraid maintenance and repairs take as long as they take. We don't know - and can't tell you how long it'll be.

The good news is that because the service checker has already acknowledged the problem, then your problem will be on a to do list for the engineers to resolve.

Unfortunately it will also be prioritised depending on the amount of work required, the availability of parts and engineers and the number of people affected in the mast catchment.

Knowledge Base ~ Shortcodes ~ Community Guidelines

Ask the community ~ Ask an agent ~ Check agent messages ~ Educators 

Order a free sim with £5 free credit (£10 top up required)  PM me for sims by 1st class post and overseas

Message 6 of 9
by: maverick77_uk
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:28

Hi there,

I'm afraid we don't have any more info - looks like they are working on it.  The masts are owed and maintained by O2 rather than GiffGaff, so afraid we are reliant on them for the infrastructure.

Cheers!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: johngould
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:29
Hi, no one can be certain but, unfortunately, average mast maintenance can usually take quite a few days to complete.
Message 3 of 9
by: ntfcfan
Keep checking the service and if it says that the fault is fixed hopefully you will have a signal. If you haven't sometimes rebooting your device will help
Message 4 of 9
by: bigbumyum

Hi,

As there is a problem and they are currently working on it there isn't much you can do accept wait until they have fixed the problem, keep checking for updates.

You could try doing a manual roam this could help see below....

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/manual-roam/m-p/3345471#M32502

If not, try rebooting your phone.

Have a nice day Emma -)

Please don't forget to set a best answer much appreciatedSmiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim

enjoy the rest of your day buddy
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
by: asciimotog
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:30
Hi @cazybaby

I'm afraid maintenance and repairs take as long as they take. We don't know - and can't tell you how long it'll be.

The good news is that because the service checker has already acknowledged the problem, then your problem will be on a to do list for the engineers to resolve.

Unfortunately it will also be prioritised depending on the amount of work required, the availability of parts and engineers and the number of people affected in the mast catchment.

Knowledge Base ~ Shortcodes ~ Community Guidelines

Ask the community ~ Ask an agent ~ Check agent messages ~ Educators 

Order a free sim with £5 free credit (£10 top up required)  PM me for sims by 1st class post and overseas

Message 6 of 9
by: sumina93
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:31
@cazybaby

hi if they've said this than its just a matter of just waiting for them to fix the problem as it's impossible to say how long it may take. in the meantime maybe yiu can restart your phone now. and than and see if that makes any difference to the network or you could try and do a manual network reset by going to

settings<reset <reset network setting

if you think I've helped don't fogett kudo 😊
Message 7 of 9
by: johny121
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:31
Hi @cazybaby

If a mast is down then this is out of giffgaff hands as mobile masts are managed by 02. there is nothing that you can do save to wait for O2 to fix their mast. You can contact a giffgaff agent who in turn will raise a support ticket with 02 on a fix. As this doesn't fall under any category when asking a agent please follow this link https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/sim_my_limit_increase select a number from the drop down menu and then write your problem in the text area box provided. please be aware giffgaff agents deal with a lot of queries and can take up two 24 hours to reply to your question.

You can find when an agent has replied in the "Messages From Agents" section on your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access the page by following this link https://giffgaff.com/support/questions
Message 8 of 9
by: cazybaby
on: 12/08/2015 | 22:34
Thank you all I've tried everything guess I'll just need to wait lol. Really appreciate all your replies thank you. ☺️
Message 9 of 9