Community

No sound during phonecall

Started by: bethanaaay
On: 20/03/2015 | 13:25
Replies: 16

Go to best answer
by: psl184
on: 20/03/2015 | 13:43
I always put my finger over the mic when I made a call on my HTC One because of where it was - this sounds the same to me as you would probably hold phone differently when on speaker.
Get a free giffgaff Sim

All my replies are personal - I will never copy / paste irrelevant info.
Message 11 of 17
by: bethanaaay
on: 20/03/2015 | 13:57
A bit more googling has found that hundreds of people with different handsets have had the same issue. It seems to be a software problem that Google have yet to sort out.

Thanks for all your suggestions anyway
Message 12 of 17
by: wreedie
on: 20/03/2015 | 14:17

@bethanaaay wrote:
A bit more googling has found that hundreds of people with different handsets have had the same issue. It seems to be a software problem that Google have yet to sort out.

I doubt that this is a software related issue. The One Plus One has 3 microphones and from what you have described it seems like the main one (the one used to send voice to calls) is defective. I have never repaired a One Plus One myself, but generally if someone cannot hear you on the other end of a call, but everything works fine using a headset, its a sign of a faulty microphone. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 17
Highlighted
by: bethanaaay
on: 24/03/2015 | 15:20 edited: 04/05/2015 | 17:08

@wreedie wrote:

@bethanaaay wrote:

I doubt that this is a software related issue. The One Plus One has 3 microphones and from what you have described it seems like the main one (the one used to send voice to calls) is defective. I have never repaired a One Plus One myself, but generally if someone cannot hear you on the other end of a call, but everything works fine using a headset, its a sign of a faulty microphone. 

Thanks wreedie Smiley Happy I thought the same as you but since found a thread on Google where the staff confirmed it's software related and should be fixed in the next update, which is at the end of March for OPO.

Hopefully that'll sort it out. We'll have to see.

EDIT: Solved through CyanogenMod 12 update.

Message 14 of 17
by: philbond
on: 24/03/2015 | 15:22

@bethanaaay wrote:

@wreedie wrote:

@bethanaaay wrote:

Thanks wreedie Smiley Happy I thought the same as you but since found a thread on Google where the staff confirmed it's software related and should be fixed in the next update, which is at the end of March for OPO.

H

Retired Super Recruiter
Message 15 of 17
by: philbond
on: 24/03/2015 | 15:23

@bethanaaay wrote:

@wreedie wrote:

@bethanaaay wrote:

Have they tried pressing the volume up key during a call?

Retired Super Recruiter
Message 16 of 17
by: bilalgul
on: 24/03/2015 | 18:03
We don't deal with one plus hahahha....I think it's a Harare probes. Try taking it to your local store if possible
kudos meeee if ive helped Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 17