Has anyone else had a problem receiving texts? Everything was fine until 1.30pm when I was sent 2 texts (from Vodafone network) - still not received and later other texts from Vodafone and Giffgaff networks not received. I can send texts, send and receive calls and haven't changed any settings.
My phone is a Nokia 710
Hi,giffgaffer i hope this will sort your problem,
If you having problems with sending or receiving SMS/texts then this might resolve the problem.
1. Go to settings - 2. Then go to mobile networks
3. Select a network other than O2 (gg) i.e orange or tmobile.
4. Come out of settings and it should say no network coverage or something similar.
5. Repeat the process this time choosing O2 (gg) which should update the message centre and hopefully restarts the texts.
The message centre number in your message settings should be +447802002606
On an iPhone then it's a slightly different process.
1. Go to settings - 2. Go to carriers
3. Switch off automatic and manually change the carrier to something other then O2-UK i.e vodafone or orange.
4. Come out of settings and wait until it fails to connect to the other carrier.
5. Once it fails repeat the process and this time choose O2-UK
suggest contact the agents - there are other people posting similar problems in the past few days
William an agent is not needed in this case.