Community

Number change I haven't requested

Started by: mammabear77
On: 15/03/2019 | 19:12
Replies: 6

Highlighted
by: mammabear77
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:12

I just received a tx Apparently from giff gaff voicemail saying my change of number request is going through but I haven't requested to change my number???? And the link says if I don't respond it will disconnect my number??? 

Message 1 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:14

@mammabear77 

Do not respond to the text message.

Unless the link starts giff.ly it is definitely a scam.

@report_phishing 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 7
by: tazzy19
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:15

@mammabear77 

This is a scam text designed to get your details for fraudulent use
It may appear to be from giffgaff, however the link takes you to a cloned/fake giffgaff log-in page

If you've entered any details follow the steps below

@report_phishing

Message 3 of 7
by: hezp
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:16
I think this message is a SCAM. Do NOT open or respond & delete asap
Message 4 of 7
by: mammabear77
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:18
Thanks everyone as soon as I clicked on it and it asked for my bank info I came here xx
Message 5 of 7
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 15/03/2019 | 19:24
Evening @mammabear77

Guy here one of the Educators on the Community team. Sorry to see that you received one of these text messages.

As advised by members already, please do change your password and forward the text to 7726 if not yet deleted.

I will be sending you a private message just asking for a few more details, which you will be able to find here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
Guy

giffgaff Educator

Message 6 of 7
by: tazzy19
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:26

@mammabear77 

As you proceeded to the stage where they're asking for your bank details, it suggests you logged in on the link, please change your password on your giffgaff account at the very least,  

https://giffgaff.com/profile/details#passwd

Also change passwords/emails on any other accounts outside of giffgaff that might have the same login information

Message 7 of 7