Community

Number transfer after 8 months usage

Started by: smallyies
On: 07/01/2019 | 20:31
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: smallyies
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:31 edited: 07/01/2019 | 20:34

Hi all i have afriend that has an GG simcard in a work phone that he has  been  using about 8 months and know longer needs ( simcard still  activate ) however he would like to transfer his personal vodafone number to this existing GG simcard using a pac code so that he can keep his credit etc . is this possible,  or will a new simcard be required. Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: tired16
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:35

Hi @smallyies YES, it is possible for him to transfer his vodafone number onto his giffgaff activated sim. Smiley Happy All he needs to do is click here: https://giffgaff.com/support/transfer to initiate the tarnsfer.  However, any credit on his Vodafone will NOT be transferred over onto giffgaff, or onto any other network for that matter. All credit on the Vodafone sim will be lost if eh chooses to transfer his number over before using the credit. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please remember to select a "Best answer" and give "Kudos" to those that have helped you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
by: tired16
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:35

Hi @smallyies YES, it is possible for him to transfer his vodafone number onto his giffgaff activated sim. Smiley Happy All he needs to do is click here: https://giffgaff.com/support/transfer to initiate the tarnsfer.  However, any credit on his Vodafone will NOT be transferred over onto giffgaff, or onto any other network for that matter. All credit on the Vodafone sim will be lost if eh chooses to transfer his number over before using the credit. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please remember to select a "Best answer" and give "Kudos" to those that have helped you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: he22ie
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:44

This will depend if his Vodafone account is still active.if so he can obtain a package code from them and then go to his Giffgaff dashboard and keep my number. Enter the code in the box and on the next page the number you wish to keep.you will then be given a date for the changeover, usually 3 working days ahead, and on that day the phone will lose service,at which time the handset can be rebooted.

Message 3 of 3