Knowledge Base
Community

Number transfer

Started by: charlottehaughtey1
On: 11/01/2014 | 22:20
Replies: 8

by: charlottehaughtey1
on: 11/01/2014 | 22:20
I'm new to giffgaff and I had my old phone number transferred to a giffgaff sim only to find it had not gone through properly and I was having difficulty receiving calls and text messages and I couldn't activate iMessage, I've just put another giffgaff SIM card in my phone and everything is fine. I brought a £20 goody bag and it wasn't due to expire until the 21st January and I have only just started to use it due to problems I've been having, I've also had to register another SIM card and put another £20 good bag on to it. Is there anything I can do about it or have I just simply lost my money?
Message 1 of 9
by: natty88
on: 11/01/2014 | 22:21
You could try askin an agent but doubtfull if will do anything but worth a shot
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: as7861
on: 11/01/2014 | 22:22

it takes upto 24 hours for activating the sim. 

Have a look at this guide-

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/Activating-your-new-SIM/ta-p/3521635

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: anjum7886
on: 11/01/2014 | 22:25
Aaassskk a agent:-)
Message 4 of 9
by: bruno00
on: 11/01/2014 | 22:56
It's likely it's a faulty activation

Do this check

Take your sim out of the phone and take note of the sim serial number on the back of the sim
Http://j.mp/activate_sim
Put the first 19 digits from the back of the sim in the box provided
( NOT the 6 digit activation code)
And click continue

It'll either say the sim is already active ,
Or
SIM Replacement
You cannot have two active SIMs. Activating a new SIM will deactivate your current SIM.

If it says the latter, you know the activation is faulty, what you should do now is carry on with the sim swap/replacement proccess

Click where it says...

"Yes I want to replace my SIM"
( on mobile browsers don't forget to scroll down to see)

On the next page click "yes I'm sure"

Your sim will hopefully be active within 30 minutes
Message 6 of 9
by: sauron
on: 11/01/2014 | 23:20

Number transfers can take a day or so to go through once started and as for the money and the other sim well this was not needed and can not be got back as it was a user choice

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
by: noorahmad
on: 11/01/2014 | 23:41
Your ment to give it time to transfer
Message 8 of 9
by: charlottehaughtey
on: 12/01/2014 | 00:19
Yeah I gave it over 48 hours and as I could only make calls and not receive calls or texts or activate iMessage it was starting to get frustrating. I did try contacting an advisor but they said it was a fault with my phone which is clearly wrong because now I'm using another sim with no problem at all. Thanks anyway Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9