Ordering a SIM card from abroad.

Started by: franito_sturm
On: 16/09/2011 | 16:55
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: franito_sturm
on: 16/09/2011 | 16:55

Hi,

I am moving to the UK soon and I would like to have as many things as possible arranged in advance, phone is one of them. I would really appreciate it if someone could answer to this following questions:

1) Can I order a SIM card to be delivered to me in SPAIN (Any extra charges for post?)

2) Can I activate it while in spain and make the first 10pounds worth purchase.

3)Credit card payments can be done with a VISA?

4)Do I need to have a 3G mobile phone for using the giffgaff SIM card?

Thank you!

Fanito Sturm

Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: ragnorak
on: 16/09/2011 | 17:45
Myself and a number of other members are willing to post SIMs abroad, see the "Join: Considering giffgaff" forum for the full list. You will need a UK card or voucher to top up, however some on ebay sell activated SIMs.
Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 7 of 9
by: sauron
on: 16/09/2011 | 16:58
No, No, Yes. No
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: jmistry
on: 16/09/2011 | 16:59
Sim cards can only be sent to a UK Address. Best to order one when you are actually in the UK. You will be able to use a visa card to activate, and no you do not need a 3G phone it will work in a normal mobile too.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: jackoboy9
on: 16/09/2011 | 17:11
You could ask or PM a member to send you one, if they are willing to do so, but not directly from giffgaff, no. If you do want to use internet, then you must make sure your phone works with the bandwidth in the UK.
Kudos me if I helped!
Message 4 of 9
by: yaakov1
on: 16/09/2011 | 17:22
You can only make payments with a UK card or use an o2 or giffgaff topup voucher available from stores in the UK
Re: the mobile needed, you can use any mobile as long as its unlocked or locked to o2
Message 5 of 9
by: reemaa
on: 16/09/2011 | 17:24
1). no uk addresses only
2). no, activate in uk
3). yep
4). no, any unlocked or locked to o2 phone will be fine

For a Free Sim With £5 Free Credit, Click The Banner Below:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
by: ragnorak
on: 16/09/2011 | 17:45
Myself and a number of other members are willing to post SIMs abroad, see the "Join: Considering giffgaff" forum for the full list. You will need a UK card or voucher to top up, however some on ebay sell activated SIMs.
Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 7 of 9
by: pitney
on: 16/09/2011 | 18:03
As for getting a sim delivered to u in spain then no, can u activate it in spain no, yes to credit cards thats the great buity of them, and finaly no u dont need a 3G to go on giffgaff. Ok anythink eles sir?
Message 8 of 9
by: adsb
on: 16/09/2011 | 18:05

You don't need a 3G phone for Giffgaff if you're just making/receiving calls and texts.

If you want to use mobile data, then you do need a 3G phone - Giffgaff don't support data on 2G handsets.

Message 9 of 9