Knowledge Base
Community

Phone mast problems - 7 days so far

Started by: foonle
On: 17/10/2013 | 14:25
Replies: 8

by: foonle
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:25

The phone mast in my area has been having problems for 7 days now (i've been checking using the signal checker). I can't make calls, send texts, or use data.

Does anyone know if I just have to wait it out or do you think I should complain to someone about this? If so, who should I complain to? Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
by: nerakb
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:27

The only thing you can really do is sit it out.

Mast maintenance is down to o2.

Sorry.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 9
by: rebelyell
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:27
Complain to O2. They are in charge of the masts.
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:31

The thing is, I pay giffgaff for a service, not O2. Souldn't giffgaff be the ones to sort this out or compensate me? I use a bolt on and 7 days is a quarter of it, not to mention the major problem of not being connected to the world for 7 days!

Message 4 of 9
by: nerakb
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:35

@foonle wrote:

The thing is, I pay giffgaff for a service, not O2. Souldn't giffgaff be the ones to sort this out or compensate me? I use a bolt on and 7 days is a quarter of it, not to mention the major problem of not being connected to the world for 7 days!

Technically,giffgaff (in turn) pay o2 to be able to use/piggyback their masts.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 5 of 9
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:40
Yes I know that. Doesn't help me though. Think I'll contact an agent.
Message 6 of 9
by: greenfrogman
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:46
agent is the bast way for this to report the mast fault

recommend that you get any o2 customers to report the issue to o2 as well (if it is a mast fault)

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Message 7 of 9
by: dazoo
on: 17/10/2013 | 14:50

@foonle wrote:
Yes I know that. Doesn't help me though. Think I'll contact an agent.

Maybe a agent could help to pass this info to 02 to fix your local mast , would of thought that 02 would know about it sure its not just affecting yourself

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
by: talisker35
on: 17/10/2013 | 15:10

Hi all,

Ive posted a message here, to try and get clirification on this as there appears to be a few like this

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Found-an-unreported-service-issue/m-p/10295241

Paul.

Please note I do not receive payback for any posts I make on the giffgaff community.
Message 9 of 9