Community

Phone not recieving text messages

Started by: catherineaadams
On: 15/02/2019 | 22:35
Replies: 12

Go to best answer
by: catherineaadams
on: 15/02/2019 | 22:35 edited: 15/02/2019 | 22:38

Hello - for some reason my phone is not receiving all text messages.  I know of two people whose messages have not come through.  One was from an iPhone but when asking a different iPhone user to message me their message arrived.  I have turned aeroplane mode on and off, switched the phone off for 5 mins, and also selected a different network and then back to original and I still don't get the text.  This is bad aside use this phone as my work phone and I am self employed.  Please help.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sloz
on: 16/02/2019 | 11:12
@catherineaadams
Hi ,use the imessage online deregister form here
https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 13
by: spacefrog
on: 15/02/2019 | 22:40

@catherineaadams

1.  Go to Settings
  2.  Go to Messages
  3.  Switch iMessage OFF
  4.  Once it's switched off, turn it back ON again.
  5.  Wait for it to finish activating
  6.  Go to Settings
  7.  Go to Phone
  8.  Check that the number under "My Number" is correct,  if not, change it
  9.  Reboot your phone (switch the phone off and then on again)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 2 of 13
on: 15/02/2019 | 23:40

Hello, thank you for suggesting that.  I can't find Messages and an option for iPhone Messages in my setting.  I have a Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus... I have used the search option and also looked in the user guide but both said no results under the search.  Sorry if I'm being stupid.  

Message 3 of 13
by: natty88
on: 16/02/2019 | 06:04

@catherineaadams Have you tried a soft reset by holding down the power button and up and down volume button at same time until phone reboots its self and see if works then Also if it's the I message app your using try uninstalling and reinstalling again to see from your phones app store 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 13
on: 16/02/2019 | 07:01

Hello Natty88 - thank you I have tried that and will see if it works.  Unfortunately have no option of deleting the Messages app from the phone.

Thank you other person who suggested choosing a different provider.  I tried that but it didn't work.

Worried will have to leave Giffgaff as not getting messages for work n I can't afford to have this error. 

Thanks again for your help.

Message 6 of 13
by: johnrooney80
on: 16/02/2019 | 07:19 edited: 16/02/2019 | 07:21

Hi @catherineaadams
Can you try sending NUMBER to 43430
Do you receive text bk?
Now, ( if applicable ) switch from 4g to 3g, repeat.

Any change?
If 3g is better reliable, stick with it

Check for issues here http://status o2.co.uk

Check call/text settings here http://giffgaff.com/call-services

Dial ##002#
This will cancel any inadvertently setup diverts .

An Agent link 2 Query further will follow, wouldn't like to see u leave..
⏬⏬🔽🔽⏬⏬

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Calls-texts-and-data/Calls-texts-arent-working/form/

You'll find reply below🔽🔽⏬⏬🔽🔽

Http://giffgaff.com/support/questions

Message 7 of 13
on: 16/02/2019 | 07:51

Hello, a friend of mine has worked out what is wrong but I don't know how to fix it.  Basically my SIM was in an iPhone but I've changed to a Samsung.  My friends text sent as an iMessage.  I have reset the phone and tried to reset the SIM but not sure exactly how to do that.  If anyone knows how please let me know... alternatively I can put a new SIM in my phone and change its number to my current number.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you all for your help Giffgaff community!!

Message 8 of 13
by: lpwilliams
on: 16/02/2019 | 08:00

@catherineaadams

HAae you recently changed a number, maybe brought a number to giffgaff?  

Can you get the person whose texts you cannot receive to delete you entirely from their contacts and get them to check to see if they have multiple contacts on their phone for you.  If they have, get them to delete all of them and them re-create a brand new contact for you, with the correct contact details.

If the issue is only linked to a sender of text using an iPhone, then this may resolve this (especially if you have changed a number previously and that person still has the old number on a contact for you.

Hope this make some kind of sense.  I have an iPhone and have had to do similar myself

Message 9 of 13
by: jt_21
on: 16/02/2019 | 08:39 edited: 16/02/2019 | 08:42

@catherineaadams

Could you try deleting each other's contact numbers (make a note first!) and

message history (if any) of the TWO people that you have a problem receiving messages from, try and send them a message by tapping in THEIR number manually on the keypad, they can do the same. And SAVE to contacts if all is ok, it may also be worth switching your phone to 3G or 2G setting to see if this helps with sending/receiving of texts from these two numbers (you did say it was only two people? Everyone else's messages are ok?) 

Also check in your SPAM messages folder as their texts may be there, and you need to unblock their number ..... or you could have blocked their number on your phone settings so check that out too. 

Message 10 of 13