Community

Phone number lost

Started by: awhanley
On: 12/02/2019 | 15:50
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: awhanley
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:50

Hi! I have problem  with my sim  card or number. I haven't use it for 7 months. Whe  logging in my profile  everything is gone (phone number) too and it is been reported as stolen not by me when trying to do anything in my setting.  How can I get my number back? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mrbergstrom1967
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:54
Good Afternoon @awhanley

When a sim hasn't been used for a period of six months. it would have been deactivated and the number would have been recycled, and you will have no way of reactivating that sim or retrieving that number.
Message 6 of 6
by: gizmo420
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:51
@awhanley

Hi GG will recycle mobile numbers if one or more of the following once every 6 months is not done, If this has happened the number is gone forever and there is no way for you to get it back and you would need a new sim and number to come back to GG

To keep a SIM active, all you have to do is one or more of the following once every 6 months

Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (not including calls to emergency services)
Make at least one connection to the internet

Make at least one airtime credit or goodybag purchase

see here for more

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Recycling-mobile-numbers-giffgaff/ba-p/8211666
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: antiochean
I am sorry, but if it's not used for 6 months the number is lost.
Message 3 of 6
by: danhamman

@awhanley wrote:

Hi! I have problem  with my sim  card or number. I haven't use it for 7 months. Whe  logging in my profile  everything is gone (phone number) too and it is been reported as stolen not by me when trying to do anything in my setting.  How can I get my number back? Thanks

After 6 months, a non-active SIM would be deactivated and the number recycled

.:.
Message 4 of 6
by: brighthulk
@awhanley
When the last time you used the SIM card? For your SIM and account to remain active, you need to have completed at least one of the following actions within the last 6 months:

Make at least one call, SMS or MMS to another number *
Make at least one connection to the Internet
Make at least one Airtime Credit or goodybag / gigabag purchase
* This does not including calls to Emergency Services or Member Services

If none of the above actions have been done, then your number will have been disconnected and all remaining credit will have been lost.

If you wish to continue using the giffgaff services you can get a new SIM and once activated(top up required) you will be given a new random mobile number.

A SIM can be ordered here https://giffgaff.com/free-sim-cards or member spread page

The SIMs are sent first class and should be with you within 3 working days.

You can also have the option to buy a Giffgaff SIM cards on the high street eg. Tesco, Poundland, Iceland etc.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 6
by: mrbergstrom1967
Good Afternoon @awhanley

When a sim hasn't been used for a period of six months. it would have been deactivated and the number would have been recycled, and you will have no way of reactivating that sim or retrieving that number.
Message 6 of 6