Knowledge Base
Community

Phone repair

Started by: zombiekiller94
On: 26/02/2018 | 15:20
Replies: 5

by: zombiekiller94
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:20

My Samsung galaxy s8 screen has broke and my display screen won’t stop flicking due to being dropped but I purchased it off giffgaff I’m just wondering if you do phone repairs and if you can tell me if I’m still intittled to phone warranty and how long for?

Message 1 of 6
by: danhamman
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:21

zombiekiller94 wrote:

My Samsung galaxy s8 screen has broke and my display screen won’t stop flicking due to being dropped but I purchased it off giffgaff I’m just wondering if you do phone repairs and if you can tell me if I’m still intittled to phone warranty and how long for?

The warranty is not valid for accidental damage, you would pay for any repairs

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Returning-a-faulty-handset-for-repair-after-30-days...

@zombiekiller94

.:.
Message 2 of 6
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:23
Would I be able to pay the cost of the repair of with the rate setter loans on the monthly payment
Message 3 of 6
by: jfc1951
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:24

zombiekiller94 wrote:

Hi @zombiekiller94 warranty is irrelevant since it will not cover accidental damage.

giffgaff does offer a repair service but you would be better getting a quote from Samsung and some local repairers, in my opinion. 

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 4 of 6
by: danhamman
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:24

zombiekiller94 wrote:

Would I be able to pay the cost of the repair of with the rate setter loans on the monthly payment

You must continue to pay the finance, no matter what.

You can't add the repair fee onto that.

@zombiekiller94

.:.
Message 5 of 6
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:26
Alright thankyou very much for the help
Message 6 of 6