Photo texts not working

Started by: pippap22
On: 12/01/2019 | 10:43
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: pippap22
on: 12/01/2019 | 10:43

My phone will not text photos si

nce moving to giffgaff, I have an iPhone, any ideas on how to fix gratefully received.

MMS messaging is switched on.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mrsgrowler
on: 12/01/2019 | 10:47

@pippap22 wrote:

nce moving to giffgaff, I have an iPhone, any ideas on how to fix gratefully received.

Thanks

Have you got any credit on your account @pippap22 because MMSs are not inlcuded in your goodybag as they cost 16p each.

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 2 of 9
by: mrsgrowler
on: 12/01/2019 | 10:47

@pippap22 wrote:

Thanks

Have you got any credit on your account @pippap22 because MMSs are not inlcuded in your goodybag as they cost 16p each.

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 2 of 9
by: arzoo67
on: 12/01/2019 | 10:50
Hi pippap22,

I think the main problem here is that you don't have credit on your account as MMS messaging isn't included in your Goody bags. They cost 16p separately.

I hope I helped!
Message 3 of 9
by: oliverevans21
on: 12/01/2019 | 10:57
@pippap22 Have you got credit ?
MMS charges 16p per mms.
Message 4 of 9
by: bobrobinson
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:04

Hiya @pippap22

As our other gaffers have menyioned you need credit to send mms as the cost isnt covered by a goodybag.

Also the pic can be no larger than 300kb  any larger than that and it will fail to send.

If it is bigger you can always crop the pic to size or use a resizer to shrink the pic.

http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/

Please also remember to turn your internet on as you need that to send a mms.

All the best BobSmiley Happy 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: birdyboff
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:29

@pippap22

As above members have said. Also make sure your giffgaff settings are correct (APN settings) 

Message 6 of 9
by: mrbergstrom1967
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:52
Good Morning @pippap22

You need to have airtime credit to send a Media Message, as these are not included in the goodybag allowances, these will cost you 16p per message to send upto 300kb in size.
Message 7 of 9
by: pippap22
on: 12/01/2019 | 14:30
Great, thanks, that’s the issue
Message 8 of 9
by: sheppola
on: 12/01/2019 | 15:22

@pippap22

Great, thanks, that’s the issue

If you get your friends/family/business on an app like,"WhatsApp".

https://www.whatsapp.com

You can use WhatsApp on WiFi and at free WiFi spots as well and contact all around the World

Then you can use the data from your GoodyBag.You can call/send pictures/message and even video chat(watch data usage).It has very few limits for Calls and Texts/Pictures.

Calls on WhatsApp use around 1meg of Data for a 5 min call so even a £5.00 GoodyBag would give you
around 2,500 mins Smiley Very Happy

WhatsApp is more secure than calling and texting the normal way as well.
Since using WhatsApp I barely use normal Calls and Text.

HTH Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 9 of 9