Community

Please Award a "Best Answer"

Started by: brulaw
On: 09/10/2015 | 21:26
Replies: 37

Go to best answer
by: navvy
on: 11/10/2015 | 08:21
If there isn't an answer that is good enough to be best answer, you could write one yourself if you've found a solution, but it may be better to do so in a way that prompts someone else to give a good answer.

Marking your own best answer probably won't earn you anything, so it's better to give someone else the chance to do so.
Message 31 of 38
by: tim1974
on: 11/10/2015 | 18:26
You're all missing the point that people want as little interaction with customer service type things as possible. They just want help with a problem and to get back on with their life.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 32 of 38
by: terran_federation
on: 11/10/2015 | 19:22
@tim1974 I couldn't agree more.
Why should customers feel that they have to come back to the giffgaff website, log in and say thank you by awarding a best answer?

It's a pain in the bum, much like leaving feedback on eBay.
Some people will understand the concept of this community, but given that most customers do not, why should they bother?

I've called various networks' call centres, and I don't ever feel the need to call them back and thank them when something works.
When something doesn't work, then you'll return to get more answers (or have a rant!).

Of course, all this depends on whether the answers that you've had as a customer can really be called best answers.

However, each to their own.
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 34 of 38
by: spottybanana
on: 11/10/2015 | 19:27
Hi there, I like that and well done to you .
Message 35 of 38
by: bethanykelly
on: 11/10/2015 | 20:44

You should add that picture to your banner!

Message 36 of 38
Highlighted
by: gregg_b
former giff-staffer

on: 12/10/2015 | 14:12

Going to lock this thread now just to avoid anyone geting confused and posting help requests here (just had to move one out).

Message 38 of 38