Community

Please help and advise thank you

Started by: a1ant
On: 12/01/2018 | 20:26
Replies: 10

by: a1ant
on: 12/01/2018 | 20:26

Hi everyone,

Please could you help and advise me on what to do, thank you so much in advance. Smiley Happy

I have a Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra and the problem I have with it is this:

I have call waiting activated, but when I am on a call and someone tries to call me it goes straight to voicemail instead of alerting me (beeping) when I am on a call that I have a call waiting for me.

I have never had this problem before, my device has just come back from Sony as it had a small problem.

I have phoned Sony to ask about this and they advised that I contact my service provider. Smiley Happy

Any help and advice is truly appreciated. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

a1ant Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 11
by: sheppola
on: 12/01/2018 | 20:32
What happens if you disable the Voice Mail?

See this post.
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/How-do-I-turn-off-voicemail/td-p/20299804
If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 2 of 11
by: liquid_snake
on: 12/01/2018 | 20:33
@a1ant

- To activate Call waiting dial *43#
- Call waiting cancel dial #43#
- Call waiting status dial *#43#

The complete list of short codes can be found in this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/giffgaff-Top-Tips/GiffGaff-Short-Codes-Access-Hidden-Parts-Quickly/... thread.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
by: no51get
on: 12/01/2018 | 20:33

Hi there @a1ant

Below is all the information regarding voicemail activation etc...
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Your-voicemail/ta-p/3521085#faq_no_1
These are some quick numbers you need to manage your Voicemail.
To ACTIVATE Voicemail - Dial 1616
To DEACTIVATE Voicemail Dial - 1626
To CHECK Voicemail - Dial 443
To set your own Voicemail message dial 443 and follow the prompts.
Voicemail extended ring will set the number of rings before divert to voicemail. Type in **61*443*10* and then the amount of seconds you want in increments of 5 seconds, maximum 30 followed by # then SEND.
Voicemail costs 8p/Call, or if you have a goodybag, it deducts ONE goodybag minute, regardless of how long you are on the call.
To hear your voicemail from another phone you need to set your PIN. Call your number. Wait for the voicemail to answer, then press * Then enter your PIN. You will then reach the voicemail menu.

Message 4 of 11
by: mcilwraith
on: 12/01/2018 | 20:41

hiya @a1ant not sure but you could try turning off call diverts dial ##002# .then it shouldn`t go to voicemail and turn off call waiting and turn back on

all i can think of at the moment

Message 5 of 11
on: 14/01/2018 | 18:18

Hi @sheppola,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

When I disable / turn off voice mail all I  get a busy / engaged tone. 

Kind regards

a1ant Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
by: figment_uk
on: 14/01/2018 | 18:20

@a1ant

After turning voicemail off, dial *43# to turn call waiting on.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 7 of 11
on: 14/01/2018 | 18:23

Thank you for your replies @mcilwraith@no51get@liquid_snake, and @sheppola I do really appreciate all the help and advice you gave. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

a1ant Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
by: sheppola
on: 14/01/2018 | 18:25 edited: 14/01/2018 | 18:26

a1ant wrote:

Thank you for your replies @mcilwraith@no51get@liquid_snake, and @sheppola I do really appreciate all the help and advice you gave. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

a1ant Smiley Happy

Have you got it working?

Also.GiffGaff may not be the best Network in the World but you have some of the best folks around all the time willing to help Smiley Happy

PS

Check out the Tips and Guides section.You could save some money so your GiffGaff may not cost as much by saving some dosh Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 9 of 11
on: 14/01/2018 | 19:06

Hi @figment_uk,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

a1ant Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11