Community

Pms

Started by: jjayleon
On: 14/02/2019 | 21:08
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: jjayleon
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:08

I’ve been trying to reply to a pm, ( @dtuxcomp 👋🏻 ) and it won’t send, it says I’ve reached the limit but I’ve only been trying to send one.... not sure if I’ve sent it about 5 times or not at all now! Have tried sending a new message too but no joy. Any ideas?

many thanks Smiley Happy

Don't forget to kudo helpful posts! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:59

@jjayleon  &  @macca28

I've added a new post to the thread about PM's not working and put in a link to this thread as well as giving you both a mention there so you should get a notification containing the link to the thread, here's the post - https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Issues-Errors-Sending-Private-Messages-7th-Septemb... I'll keep an eye out for updates and let you know if I hear any news Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 5 of 9
by: macca28
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:10 edited: 14/02/2019 | 21:20

@jjayleon

i have posted one myself (to someone else) but it seems not to have been sent  Smiley Surprised

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:49

@jjayleon  &  @macca28   You're in very good company sadly, I couldn't send a PM eariler and I've heard from another member who sent me a PM and then couldn't send another to someone else. It's nothing to do with limits or any other daft messages. There's been some ongoing background issues that come and go causing failure to send with PM's. I'll have a look and see if I can find the thread, if I can I'll post it back here.

This may be a completely new bug or the old one making a comeback, there's some serious issues ATM with Lithium who currently provide the GG forum, it's being moved to a new provder this year so hopefully that'll save us all a lot of these issues too, but the current provider doesn't seem to be racing to fix some of the current bugs Smiley Sad

For now best suggestion is save any drafted PM to a text file if you can before trying to send that way if it fails you don't have to re-type it and try occasionally to see if it'll go. If you're worried about getting a PM to someone it's might not hurt to make a post in a thread letting them know you've tried to respond, that's what I generally do so people know I've recieved their PM's even if I can't reply.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 3 of 9
by: isabel1066
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:51 edited: 14/02/2019 | 22:00

@jjayleon this has happened a few times on the forum and i think you need to contact the educator and he/or she passes the details over to the tech team.and its not working for me just tried. https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Issues-Errors-Sending-Private-Messages-7th-Septemb... staff know about it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:59

@jjayleon  &  @macca28

I've added a new post to the thread about PM's not working and put in a link to this thread as well as giving you both a mention there so you should get a notification containing the link to the thread, here's the post - https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Issues-Errors-Sending-Private-Messages-7th-Septemb... I'll keep an eye out for updates and let you know if I hear any news Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
by: jjayleon
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:13

@dtuxcomp thanks! Is the email on your website still good? I could try that, I’m slightly concerned I won’t get back on here as it logs me out and won’t log back in quite often too!

Don't forget to kudo helpful posts! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
by: gizmopup
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:13
remember everyone, PMs can be read by any staff member above the Educator rank... PM is NOT private
Message 7 of 9
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:20

@jjayleon wrote:

@dtuxcomp thanks! Is the email on your website still good? I could try that, I’m slightly concerned I won’t get back on here as it logs me out and won’t log back in quite often too!

@jjayleon  Yes it is, just do me a favour and pop your membername in the email, saves me a blonde moment wondering who's emailed me Smiley Wink Smiley Happy  The sooner we get to move away from LIthium onto the new platform the better Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
by: ethan964
on: 15/02/2019 | 02:47
Always be carful of who you're speaking too online. Just some advice for everyone. Never share any personal info with people online. Even on here where nasty people lurk in the Darkness. Be cyber smart.
Message 9 of 9