Premium texts problem

Started by: brianheg
On: 16/01/2019 | 13:03
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: brianheg
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:03

Hi there,

Some crowd of chancers called Demon Games have started charging me £3/ week without my consent as a premium text message charge. There's no way I signed up for this - never even heard of the fools. I've blocked premium texts on my account but Giffgaff still seems to be letting these scumbags charge me. Hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: 4128334
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:05
@brianheg
Good Afternoon,
The following link will explain Payforit Premium Rate Text's and how to stop them taking Payments:-https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/Premium-text-charges-Do-s-And-Don-t-s/m-p/18597940/hig...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: 4128334
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:05
@brianheg
Good Afternoon,
The following link will explain Payforit Premium Rate Text's and how to stop them taking Payments:-https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/Premium-text-charges-Do-s-And-Don-t-s/m-p/18597940/hig...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: clikasarus
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:20

@brianheg Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community 

•best thing to do is ignore them in the first place but now it’s took money off you , Here is a good guide to help if you are receiving premium rate texts ⬇️

What To Do If You Receive Unsolicited Text Messages

I hope this helps 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
by: muggles708
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:25 edited: 16/01/2019 | 13:30

@brianheg

These are not premium texts. They are Paydorit charges. These charges are applied directly to your account. Even if you could block the texts, you would not block the charges. The information provided by Giffgaff is often incorrect and/or misleading. Even the agents don't seem to understand how Payforit works.  Giffgaff currently refuse to block Payforit charges.

In fact you can't expect any help at all from Giffgaff in dealing with this issue. You need to deal with this yourself. The subscription text should contain details of how to unsubscribe. Usually you need to send a STOP ALL message to a five digit number. There should also be a customer service number you can call to insist on a FULL refund.

For further advice on Payforit scams see the  payforitsucks website. Google " payforitsucks" or follow the link in my signature.

Been scammed by 'Payforit'? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for GiffGaff Customers
Support GiffGaff introducing two factor Authorisation for ‘Payforit’ https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16712363/require-2-factor-authentication-to-sign-up-for-payforit-tex...
Message 5 of 6
by: muddycalhoun
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:46 edited: 16/01/2019 | 13:50

@brianheg Hi, you have hit the nail on the head with your description of these payforit"services" as scumbags. First order of business is to send the STOP message to the number they will have sent you in one of the texts they will have sent.

If you can keep your temper (which is perfectly justified) you could also call the customer service number of the company and request that they refund your money as you have not knowingly subscribed to any services.

Your subscription to this"service" is not something that you could be blamed for missing as what there payforit scams call subscribing, the rest of us would call clicking on a link or stopping on a pop up page or some other simple action.

There are some other really good posts on the subject of payforit if you search the forum for" payforit"

Also there is an idea in labs trying to get giffgaff to implement a 2FA process for subscribing to payforit services and another vote might help persuade giffgaff to do like EE who have done this to protect their customers. Link follows, good luck getting rid of the them and if you go for a refund.

https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16712363/require-2-factor-authentication-to-sign-up-for-payforit-tex

Message 6 of 6