Community

Promoting giffgaff by Google Adwords

Started by: jfcdave
On: 02/09/2011 | 15:59
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: jfcdave
on: 02/09/2011 | 15:59

I've noticed a lot of Google ads for giffgaff recently. Is that giffgaff themself advertising or is it other members placing ads for giffgaff and linking to their affiliate page?

I was thinking if it wasn't against giffgaff T&C's if it would be possible to place Google adwords linked to your own affiliate page so that you'd gain the £5 if someone clicked your ad and signed up through you. The more ads out there then the more people who'd hear about giffgaff.

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: ragnorak
on: 02/09/2011 | 16:03
There's nothing against it and I've done this myself in fact. Smiley Happy Whether you'll earn more than the amount you pay for the ads is down to luck though.
Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 3 of 7
by: weeman
on: 02/09/2011 | 16:02 edited: 02/09/2011 | 16:05

I'm not 100% sure on this mate,but i think those adds are by giffgaff.

Ahh well wrong again as ragnorak has confirmed.Smiley Sad

George

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
on: 02/09/2011 | 16:03
There's nothing against it and I've done this myself in fact. Smiley Happy Whether you'll earn more than the amount you pay for the ads is down to luck though.
Message 3 of 7
by: jfcdave
on: 02/09/2011 | 16:10

I'll give it a shot. If I do make something it probably won't be a lot and I just have to make sure I keep the spend low to make sure I don't spend a fortune and not get any sign ups.

I've noticed ebay is already overrun with people 'selling' giffgaff sims (although most are really just giving them away and using ebay as a platform for promotion). I think there's already enough people using that approach that I might need to be creative to find other avenues for promotion.

BTW what's the best forum to discuss the best ways to promote giffgaff? Back when Firefox was new there was a spreadfirefox.com site where people could discuss ideas to promote the browser.

Message 4 of 7
on: 02/09/2011 | 16:16
There's the Contribute: Innovation, Promotion and Improvements forum for promotion ideas. Another way you can use ebay is by selling activated SIMs for £8-£9, this involves a bit of work as you have to buy the vouchers, set up the accounts etc and send out the SIMs yourself but it's a more reliable way of getting activations.
Message 6 of 7
by: google_search
on: 06/01/2012 | 22:08

Hi There, is it permitted to run the Google ad campaign. The terms and condition seems a little vague. I fear losing all my hard earn payback and investment if I give it a real push. Which I really want to do. Not just the money. I love spreading the cards. But it does cost me financially and time. I work in the email marketing arena and can spend alot of my time promoting.

Kindest regards, 

Message 7 of 7