Community

RUBBISH SIGNAL ON ALWAYS ON DATA AFTER USING 20mb UP

Started by: tanyalavo
On: 21/01/2019 | 14:56
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: tanyalavo
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:56

ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING A RUBBISH SIGNAL AND SPEED AFTER YOU HAVE USED YOU DATA? ITS SOOOO BAD I'M LOSING MY SIGNAL COMPLETELY? 

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: figment_uk
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:45

@tanyalavo

After you have used 20GB from the "Always on" goodybag, the data speed is restricted to a maximum of 384kbps between 08:00 and 23:59 daily until your goodybag renews.  This speed is only really fast enough for checking emails and basic web browsing - you would not be able to use it for streaming/downloading etc. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 21/01/2019 | 16:16

Hello everyone,

Would anyone be able to provide @tanyalavo with some further help regarding their issue?

Regards

Dez

giffgaff Educator

Message 2 of 6
by: giffgaff20147
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:40

@tanyalavo

Hello couple things to do first restart phone  , then put 

postcode here check for mast problems https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service#coverage

if if all ok try a manual roam to force network http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Force-the-change-of-SMS-settings/ta-p/4871794

also check APN if wrong insert
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Settings-for-your-device/Internet-and-MMS-settings-APN-guide/ta-p/...

Message 3 of 6
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:45

@tanyalavo

After you have used 20GB from the "Always on" goodybag, the data speed is restricted to a maximum of 384kbps between 08:00 and 23:59 daily until your goodybag renews.  This speed is only really fast enough for checking emails and basic web browsing - you would not be able to use it for streaming/downloading etc. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 6
by: tanyalavo
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:57
Its not my roaming signal - its literally taking 40 seconds to open any page. Highly annoying!! Won't be using Giffgaff again - found an alternative more reliable network.......bit of false advertising really.....would you agree?
Message 5 of 6
on: 21/01/2019 | 17:01

@tanyalavo

@tanyalavo wrote:

Its not my roaming signal - its literally taking 40 seconds to open any page. Highly annoying!! Won't be using Giffgaff again - found an alternative more reliable network.......bit of false advertising really.....would you agree?

It's not false advertising.   The goodybag description clearly states what you get and what to expect after 20GB has been used.  The people who complain are usually those that expect totally unlimited full speed data.

Message 6 of 6