Community

Recurring goodybag not activated

Started by: eilidhrose9
On: 01/12/2013 | 09:53
Replies: 8

by: eilidhrose9
on: 01/12/2013 | 09:53

Hi,

I have my £10 goodybag set to recurr every month, but yesterday my phone wouldn't let me call or text anyone and giffgaff have texted me this morning to ask whether I want to purchase another goodybag. On my account, however, it tells me that my goodybag is being 'updated' by giffgaff. This is really inconvenient as I really need to be able to use my phone this weekend. Should I buy another goodybag, or wait it out?

Rebecca

Message 1 of 9
by: sixedup
on: 01/12/2013 | 09:57

I'm seeing exactly the same thing. I've raised it with the agents.

This is the second major problem I've had with GiffGaff in the last couple of months - quality of service seems to be slipping badly.

Message 2 of 9
by: natty88
on: 01/12/2013 | 10:00
Could it be your credit card is near its expiry date as that would cause gif to cancel your recur to stop payment failin try buyin through your my gif page an click buy goody bag hope this helps
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: kevgaxx
I would contact an agent about this.
Here -
http://giff.ly/agentsgbpurchase
Message 4 of 9
by: fred_flintstone
Hi

If you are able to buy a goodybag manually you can always claim a refund on the second one if it activates in the meantime
as it will queue behind the current one
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: dangelova
on: 01/12/2013 | 10:04

I had exactly the same problem yesterday and I contacted a support agent and this is the response I received:

"...one of our agents has forwarded your case onto me as your goodybag is not displaying correctly on your account and this type of problem requires us to do a bit of work directly on our servers.

Usually this problem is caused by your goodybag stored on the servers not matching what the website is attempting to display.

To fix this our engineers will have to check which of these are incorrect and make the necessary changes.

This can take up to five working days but if there are no complications then it should be much sooner. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.
"

I am still waiting for the problem to be resolved and also received a text message asking me to buy a new goodybag.

By the way, is your debit/credit card about to expire as mine was and I also noticed that other users posted similar problems yesterday ? Their cards used for the payment to recur the goodybag were expiring in the very near future.

I would suggest that you contact a support agent and explain your problem as they need to be aware that there is a serious glitch with their system.

Hope the above helps.

Message 6 of 9
by: addykiller123
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:10
try it again and again it might work
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
by: addykiller123
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:10
if nothing happens ask a agent
Message 8 of 9