Community

Replace lost SIM card

Started by: joevarley262626
On: 07/01/2018 | 16:45
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: joevarley262626
on: 07/01/2018 | 16:45 edited: 07/01/2018 | 17:26

It doing my head in this I just want to replace a lost sim card ... How hard can that be ????? Impossible please help the number I lost was>**phone_number_removed** if someone from jiffgaff reads this pls help me

thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: jonkent
on: 07/01/2018 | 17:31
@joevarley262626

Just for clarity; are you looking for the link to report your SIM as lost, or have you already done so and not received one?

If the former,go here: https://giffgaff.com/support/lost

And if the latter, go here: https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/SIM-and-number/Replacement-SIM-not-received/form/

Do note that with the latter, giffgaff do tout between 1-3 business days for your SIM to get to you, so keep this in mind for when it was you ordered a replacement.

In addition, and as already mentioned; if the SIM hasn't been reported as lost, then you can perform a SIM Swap using a fresh SIM, obtained either from a local super market, convenience store, and/or petrol station (for around a quid is the general price, or if you let us know your whereabouts (first part of your postcode will suffice), then you may find that there's a fellow member in your vicinity who can fix you up with one.

This is probably the most direct/quickest method, but again, you would have had to NOT have reported your current SIM as lost.

If you do obtain a SIM via one of these methods (member or a shop), then the task of SIM Swap can be carried out as per here:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 07/01/2018 | 16:51
Hi @joevarley262626,
Sorry to hear you're having problems.

No-one will be able to see the phone number in question (the forum software automatically removes phone numbers for the privacy of members), however, was this SIM reported to Giffgaff as lost/stolen, or has it been lost without being reported?

If you reported the SIM as lost/stolen via the Giffgaff dashboard then the only SIM that can re-activate your account is the one that Giffgaff send as a replacement. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from starting afresh with a new number and new account if you're having issues with the replacement SIM.

Failing that, and your SIM is not reported, then you can perform a "SIM swap" via your Giffgaff dashboard. Just pop to any local major supermarket, mobile repair shop, newsagents, corner shop, mini-market etc (they sell Giffgaff SIMs for about £1) and perform the SIM swap procedure under "replace my SIM".

Hope this helps Smiley Happy
TI
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: simone_w
community giff-staffer

on: 07/01/2018 | 17:27
Hi @joevarley262626
I've moved this to Help & Support where our members can advise on your specific issue

Simone

giffgaff Educator

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
by: jonkent
on: 07/01/2018 | 17:31
@joevarley262626

Just for clarity; are you looking for the link to report your SIM as lost, or have you already done so and not received one?

If the former,go here: https://giffgaff.com/support/lost

And if the latter, go here: https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/SIM-and-number/Replacement-SIM-not-received/form/

Do note that with the latter, giffgaff do tout between 1-3 business days for your SIM to get to you, so keep this in mind for when it was you ordered a replacement.

In addition, and as already mentioned; if the SIM hasn't been reported as lost, then you can perform a SIM Swap using a fresh SIM, obtained either from a local super market, convenience store, and/or petrol station (for around a quid is the general price, or if you let us know your whereabouts (first part of your postcode will suffice), then you may find that there's a fellow member in your vicinity who can fix you up with one.

This is probably the most direct/quickest method, but again, you would have had to NOT have reported your current SIM as lost.

If you do obtain a SIM via one of these methods (member or a shop), then the task of SIM Swap can be carried out as per here:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
by: terencedaly
on: 07/01/2018 | 17:42

joevarley262626 wrote:

It doing my head in this I just want to replace a lost sim card ... How hard can that be ????? Impossible please help the number I lost was>**phone_number_removed** if someone from jiffgaff reads this pls help me

thanks

Hi @joevarley262626

First thing first, you need to make sure your SIM card is barred so nobody will be using it.

Login and go to the lost and stolen page:

• Select Bar my phone & SIM
  • Select the most appropriate of the following options:
    • SIM Swap
    • Order a SIM replacement. Your phone will be blocked using this method

If you've lost/had your SIM stolen then please head to the replacement SIM page under Help to bar your SIM and request a replacement. If it is ordered prior to 1pm, typically it'll arrive the following working day.

If you've already ordered a replacement SIM through the Lost/Stolen page, but have not received it (Allow 5 full working days) then check the address in your account details and change it if necessary. Then contact an Agentwho will then re-order you a new one.

Note: If the original one finally turns up, it won't work once a new one has been re-ordered. So either pop it the recycling or use it as a coaster.

Just so you know, the replacement SIM will arrive in an envelope saying "Oops, don't worry, we'll get you back on track" as shown below.

Replacement SIM envelope

Once your replacement sim card arrives you need to login to your giffgaff account and activate it. This sim card will then have your same number and any credit/goodybag you have remaining

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5