Started by: annsh45
On: 05/02/2019 | 15:46
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: annsh45
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:46

Put my giffgaff SIM into an old iphone and got this message: 

SIM Not Supported

The SIM card you currently have installed in this iphone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy currently asssigned by the activation server. Thsi is not a hardware issue with the iphone.  Please insert another SIM card from a supported network porvider or request this iphone be unlocked by your network provider."

i can't get out of this screen accept to browse Wi-fi settings.  Eek!

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: dmg
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:53
Your phone is locked to a network and needs to be unlocked this can be done either by a phone shop r the network the phone is assigned to.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
KUDOS (was yellow now bluestar) = thanks if we helped and ACCEPT SOLUTION lets us know you're sorted! .....
Message 5 of 7
by: danhamman
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:46

@annsh45 wrote:

Put my giffgaff SIM into an old iphone and got this message: 

SIM Not Supported

The SIM card you currently have installed in this iphone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy currently asssigned by the activation server. Thsi is not a hardware issue with the iphone.  Please insert another SIM card from a supported network porvider or request this iphone be unlocked by your network provider."

i can't get out of this screen accept to browse Wi-fi settings.  Eek!

Sounds like your handset is locked to a previous supplier (eg. vodafone)

.:.
Message 2 of 7
by: nosheen_kabul
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:48
Hi @annsh45
Are you sure your iPhone is unlocked? As it sounds like your device is locked to another network provider.The giffgaff SIM will only be accepted in mobile device that is either unlocked or locked to the o2 network.

If you are sure the iPhone is unlocked please sync it with iTunes to complete the unlock. When syncing your iPhone with iTunes ensure the giffgaff SIM is in the phone. Follow this https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201253 official guide from Apple
Click to get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 airtime credit
Message 3 of 7
by: thetypist
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:48
You will need to get the phone unlocked by last network used. Or try local unlocking service to you.
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
by: dmg
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:53
Your phone is locked to a network and needs to be unlocked this can be done either by a phone shop r the network the phone is assigned to.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
KUDOS (was yellow now bluestar) = thanks if we helped and ACCEPT SOLUTION lets us know you're sorted! .....
Message 5 of 7
by: mrbergstrom1967
on: 05/02/2019 | 16:29
Good Afternoon @annsh45

That message means that your phone is locked to a network other than o2, You will need to get the phone unlocked at your local phone repair shop or market stall, then your giffgaff sim will work in it.
Message 6 of 7
by: dshobson
on: 10/07/2019 | 15:34

However, this SIM Not Supported also indicates, as per a conversation with Vodafone just now, that this ex company Apple iPhone 7 is locked by Apple to the Vodafone network. Having requested and received the PAC code, signed up with Giffgaff and activated the SIM now I find out the phone is physically locked to Vodafone so now need to get the PAC code "back" from Gifffaff and take out a Vodafone SIM only deal....what hassle!;-(

Message 7 of 7