Knowledge Base
Community

SIM card

Started by: ven6661
On: 13/07/2018 | 02:37
Replies: 3

by: ven6661
on: 13/07/2018 | 02:37

How long will the sim card remains 'active' without an active goody bag? 

I am going to be away from home for a bit but would like to go back to my Giffgaff account when I get home. 

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
by: terencedaly
on: 13/07/2018 | 02:49 edited: 13/07/2018 | 02:50

ven6661 wrote:

How long will the sim card remains 'active' without an active goody bag? 

I am going to be away from home for a bit but would like to go back to my Giffgaff account when I get home. 

Hi @ven6661

Of you do not use it for 6 month it will become inactive giffgaff will send you a message to notify you before they do this

A SIM card is deactivated when it has not been used in the last 6 months. To stop deactivation do any one of the following actions at least once every 6 months:

• Make at least one call, SMS or MMS to another number *
  • Make at least one connection to the Internet
  • Make at least one Airtime Credit or goodybag / gigabag purchase

* This does not including calls to Emergency Services or Member Services

These conditions are present to prevent the deactivation of members SIMs who have very little activity or who are active on the Community without using their SIM card much.

If your SIM card is disconnected, you will lose any remaining Airtime Credit and/or goodybag / gigabag balances and also the phone number on your account.

giffgaff recycles phone numbers and we will not be able to reconnect once your number is disconnected and recycled.

giffgaff may reconnect you if any disconnection was due to our negligence.

For more information please see the terms & conditions on Cancellation Rights.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: tomrosser1
on: 13/07/2018 | 06:10

Hi @ven6661

To keep your giffgaff sim active you'll need to do at least one of the following once every six months:

1. Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (including free 0800 numbers) 
2. Make at least one connection to the internet
3. Make at least one airtime credit or goodybag purchase

As i have suggested above simply call a free 0800 number and you should be ok. 

Message 3 of 4
by: erasure454545
on: 13/07/2018 | 06:12

as long as you use SIM you can remain inactive for up to 6 mounths but I would make a call surgery two mounths to be sure  

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4