Community

SIM number transfer

Started by: yanislavahristova
On: 27/09/2017 | 17:07
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: yanislavahristova
on: 27/09/2017 | 17:07

Ok this is getting seriously frustrating now?
In short - I ordered a new sim and attempted a SIM swap twice and it just didn't work the first time, I bought a 5quid gbag and it went to the account but I still couldn't use it. Then I tried it again and now there's "no service" for half a day now? 
It would be super helpful if someone could check on my account and see what's actually gone wrong, as much as I love the way giffgaff operates via community. Another time I tried to do the same and I think i was on a good path but I didn't have my PAC and didn't know how to get it and needed to make some urgent calls so I just accepted a new number, but I just literally want to get my first initial number back along with the credit I bought. Please.

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 27/09/2017 | 20:40
Hi @yanislavahristova,

Are you trying to get a number from a Giffgaff SIM transferred onto another Giffgaff SIM, or a number from another network onto Giffgaff?

None of us on the community are able to look into accounts, the only people that can do that are the Giffgaff Agents. Seeing as this is quite a complex issue, your best bet would be to ask an agent via the support link, and they will be able to help you (usual response times are within 24 hours).

Link to Ask an Agent: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Hope that helps Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 27/09/2017 | 20:40
Hi @yanislavahristova,

Are you trying to get a number from a Giffgaff SIM transferred onto another Giffgaff SIM, or a number from another network onto Giffgaff?

None of us on the community are able to look into accounts, the only people that can do that are the Giffgaff Agents. Seeing as this is quite a complex issue, your best bet would be to ask an agent via the support link, and they will be able to help you (usual response times are within 24 hours).

Link to Ask an Agent: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Hope that helps Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
by: simone_w
community giff-staffer

on: 27/09/2017 | 20:45
Hi @yanislavahristova
I've movedd this to Help & Support where our members can advise you further if needed

Simone
giffgaff Educator | WFH Team
Message 3 of 3