Knowledge Base
Community

SIM swap

Started by: aksiu11
On: 18/03/2019 | 18:38
Replies: 7

by: aksiu11
on: 18/03/2019 | 18:38

Hi. I have applied to sim swap last friday. I provided all needed info and pac code .Been told the swap will happen today (monday) it's 7pm and old number still works and sim swap didn't happened. Where can I get any info about what's going on.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
by: bilal86440
on: 18/03/2019 | 18:39
@aksiu11
Did you request to have a number from another provider? if so, Your number transfer might still be in progress:

The transfer process:

At some point during the day, both SIMs will stop working (may be at different times) and after a while (this could be 10 minutes or several hours) your giffgaff SIM will start working again with the transferred number. You may find that calls, texts and data start working at different times and service may be erratic until the process is complete.

Have you tried turning your phone off/on again? If you haven't please do so periodically every 30 minutes.

If your number still hasn't transferred by 9am on the following day, you can raise a query to a Member Service Agent here https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Number-transfers/Transferring-my-number-to-giffgaff/form/ . Make sure to accurately complete the following information:

Existing giffgaff mobile number;
New mobile number (the one to transfer);
Alternative contact number;
PAC

Please do not contact the agents before 9 a.m. on the day following the transfer date as the process may be still ongoing and they could not act on it.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
by: padiho
on: 18/03/2019 | 18:40

@aksiu11  It can happen up to 9pm this evening, keep switching your phone off and on 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
on: 18/03/2019 | 18:55

I have done everything. Filled the form in as well as contacted the agent. All went well but still no success.

Message 4 of 8
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:23

It's after 9pm. Still nothing. Great!!!

Message 5 of 8
by: pthapa25
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:32

once this happened to me as well; when i was moving from ee to tesco mobile.. 

silly me.. i'd made a typo on the pac code i gave.. after i got in touch with the customer services.. they were able to rectify it.. and my phone number successfully ported across..

could it be something similar, please get in touch with a giffgaff agent here..

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask

and choose option 'number transfers' then just follow the instructions

Message 6 of 8
by: spacefrog
on: 18/03/2019 | 22:01

@aksiu11 

Although asking you to resart your phone seems a little bit of a waste of time it really is important and in most cases can be the answer to issues such as this one, as you didnt really say that you had done so ...... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
on: 18/03/2019 | 22:40

I restarted my phone about 1234 times. I did contact someone from the link in a post above with no reply. I even contacted o2 and they said the Pac is locked by Giffgaff but my phone number has not been swapped. I'm annoyed now.

Message 8 of 8