Community

Samsung Galaxy S3 system storage problem

Started by: glasgowgirljj
On: 18/10/2015 | 01:05
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: glasgowgirljj
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:05
Hi I hope im allowed to ask this in this bit, badicslly I have the ↑ phone and compared go pretty much any other phone I've ever used/owned, the amount it allows me to download is mince, I had over 1000 songs and loads of apps even on a blackberry 9300 yet this one allows me 2 songs and barely any apps and although there is plenty of space to put anything it still doesnt even update what I have got and I have tried wiping the sd card and resetting phone but still didn't help. So wondered if sny of the fabulous giffgaff community could shed any light on it and help me out.
Cheers in advance
Jamie
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mighty_cast
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:35
Hi there @glasgowgirljj Hi Jamie, sorry to hear your having problems, I had the S3 mini which often wouldn't let me download stuff to it even though there was tons of free space, what I found that worked was going into settings - storage, then emptying the file cache, if it gets a lot in there you can have 33 GB left but it wont let you download anything.

Just a thought, let us know how you get on OK..

Aleks.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
by: dips18
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:09
Just a quick question are you trying to save stuff on the phones memory or on external memory card?
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Dips
Message 3 of 9
by: rtraderuk
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:12
Get a memory card Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:19
Lol yes i have got a memory card in the phone, I even tried getting a bigger memory card to see if it was any better before u suggest a bigger memory card lol
From ehst ive read on thr problem so far apps can only save to the built in storage and files like photos music etc will ssve to sd catd uf thats where its set to save to
Message 5 of 9
by: dips18
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:32
Yeah as the S3 is probably only a 8-16GB phone. Half of that memory gets taken by all the manufacturer installed stuff. So your not left with much to play with.
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Dips
Message 6 of 9
by: mighty_cast
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:35
Hi there @glasgowgirljj Hi Jamie, sorry to hear your having problems, I had the S3 mini which often wouldn't let me download stuff to it even though there was tons of free space, what I found that worked was going into settings - storage, then emptying the file cache, if it gets a lot in there you can have 33 GB left but it wont let you download anything.

Just a thought, let us know how you get on OK..

Aleks.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
on: 18/10/2015 | 01:46
I will try that again just now mighty_cast I have already tried that but will give it another go.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
on: 18/10/2015 | 23:27
Mighty_cast thanks for the tip. Tirns out sltjo I had emptied the browser cache and google chrome cache I hadn't done it via settings etc so at least whenn u got that bit emptied I was able to update my apps at least so cheers for the help from all that replied. Even the sarcastic (y) lol thanks can always could on the good guys on here for a nudge in the right direction so thanks.
Jamie :-)
Message 9 of 9