Community

Samsung J700 - Problem with sound on calls

Started by: claire8606
On: 09/07/2010 | 19:24
Replies: 7

by: claire8606
on: 09/07/2010 | 19:24

Hi

Ive got a samsung j700 phone, i have been having problems when taking a phone call, the sound isnt working...

I can not hear people on the other end, even when i try to top up my phone the sound dosnt work.

Does my phone, need to go in the bin ne ideas??

Cheers x

Message 1 of 8
by: kerbitroy
on: 09/07/2010 | 19:27 edited: 09/07/2010 | 19:32

Hey, I used a Samsung J700 for years before my current phone

Are there any other sounds being produced at all, apart from the ones you have listed as not working?

Or is it just in-call?

If it's just in-call, try hitting the volume up button on the side of the phone when in-call (seems obvious but the phone remembers the call volume from previous calls, so you may have muted it by accident)

If it's all phone noises, hit the hash (#) key (bottom right button). Hold this in for several seconds and it'll activate/deactivate/switch between the two most recently used sound profiles for the phone (eg Silent. Normal, Air-plane Mode etc)

Also try hitting the volume buttons on the side when in normal profile to see what the volume is

Hope this helps

Please read this before asking a question: Newbies FAQs

Want a giffgaff sim with £5 free credit? E-mail your name & address to kerbitroy@getgiffgaff.info

Message 2 of 8
by: domi
on: 09/07/2010 | 20:23

hi,

my phone has done exactly that today as well   Smiley Mad.....cannot hear a thing - hoping its a glitch with all??

Message 3 of 8
on: 09/07/2010 | 20:29

hi thanks for replying.

The keypad tones do not work, the sound works when somebody rings me. Ive done the things you mentioned but it still dosnt work..

Do you think my phones, seen better days?

Message 4 of 8
on: 09/07/2010 | 20:30

thats werid, how long have you had your phone.. Think ive had mine for a couple of years..

have you got a samsung j700 aswell, mine was brought from virgin mobile. was yours??

Message 5 of 8
by: mjbpfc
on: 09/07/2010 | 21:46

I would of thought it was the phone! I have had no problems with my calls today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If I helped you, click the STAR on the left!

Thanks
Message 6 of 8
by: kerbitroy
on: 10/07/2010 | 11:31
If the keypad tones are not working, it is weird that they just randomly stopped working. However, they can be re-enabled by going to Settings>Phone Profiles and then select the profile that you want to edit. That process is from memory, so it may not be correct, but it is definitely in the settings somewhere along those lines. I got my Samsung J700 in April 2007 or 2008, and it works to this day, with only a few minor problems. (I only use it as an alarm clock nowadays though) The fact that your phone was purchased through Virgin might mean yours was manufactured at a different time to mine, so maybe it is nearing the end of its life Smiley Sad However, the last time I checked (in April) you could still purchase J700s for relatively cheap.

Please read this before asking a question: Newbies FAQs

Want a giffgaff sim with £5 free credit? E-mail your name & address to kerbitroy@getgiffgaff.info

Message 7 of 8
by: allan1954
on: 11/07/2010 | 08:07

claire8606 wrote:

Hi

Ive got a samsung j700 phone, i have been having problems when taking a phone call, the sound isnt working...

I can not hear people on the other end, even when i try to top up my phone the sound dosnt work.

Does my phone, need to go in the bin ne ideas??

Cheers x

tesco mobile j700 brand new £39.97. or carphone warehouse samsung 3050 £19.95 +£10 airtime this is similar to j700 and unlocked. in store or online £5 quidco or topcashback. online only.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 8