Community

Samsung s9+

Started by: dfb2502
On: 15/03/2019 | 19:52
Replies: 11

Go to best answer
by: dfb2502
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:52

I recently purchased 2 Samsung s9+'s and set them both up on Giffgaff. I live in the uk and brought the 2 devices from a website called Vova. For some reason both of the devices are running on 3G, i've tried everything i can to get the both put on 4G is there anything you can think of to help me. thanks guys and girls. oh yeah and FYI ive alreay changed the APN settings.

Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sheppola
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:17

@dfb2502 

@dfb2502wrote:

I recently purchased 2 Samsung s9+'s and set them both up on Giffgaff. I live in the uk and brought the 2 devices from a website called Vova. For some reason both of the devices are running on 3G, i've tried everything i can to get the both put on 4G is there anything you can think of to help me. thanks guys and girls. oh yeah and FYI ive alreay changed the APN settings.

If I recall the S9+ are,"Dual Sim" phones with a shared 2nd Sim/SDcard slot.Make sure the Sim-card is in the none shared slot.Once checked or in the correct slot you may have to reset the Network settings as per this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ARhZJv5qo

and then restart the phone/s.

HTH  Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 5 of 12
by: figment_uk
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:57

If you never get 4G, check the phones are set to automatically select the best available signal, then check for service outages in your area. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:09

sorry has i made a mistake? i thought this was a site to post issues, that other members might help you with. not to come across rude but is there any chance you could point me in the right direction.

Message 3 of 12
by: nigelbrooks
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:16 edited: 15/03/2019 | 20:20

@dfb2502 

Are they UK variants?

If they are grey imports from Hong Kong they may simply not support the required 4G frequency (as an example, the dual SIM version lacks support for this, or, if it has support at all, it is only in Slot 1).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 4 of 12
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:17

@dfb2502 

@dfb2502wrote:

If I recall the S9+ are,"Dual Sim" phones with a shared 2nd Sim/SDcard slot.Make sure the Sim-card is in the none shared slot.Once checked or in the correct slot you may have to reset the Network settings as per this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ARhZJv5qo

and then restart the phone/s.

HTH  Smiley Happy

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 5 of 12
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:31
thank you very much for your input but the card is already in the single slot and I have got 3G I just have absolutely no clue how to get 4G and maybe i'm stupid for assuming but as they are fairly new as far as models go I thought they would 100% have 4G
Message 6 of 12
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:32

@dfb2502 

@dfb2502wrote:

thank you very much for your input but the card is already in the single slot and I have got 3G I just have absolutely no clue how to get 4G and maybe i'm stupid for assuming but as they are fairly new as far as models go I thought they would 100% have 4G

Do the Network reset and restart?

Message 7 of 12
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:32
but I haven't watched your video as yet but I will see if it helps. thanks again for even taking the time to try and help me, much appreciated
Message 8 of 12
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:37

@dfb2502 

@dfb2502wrote:

but I haven't watched your video as yet but I will see if it helps. thanks again for even taking the time to try and help me, much appreciated

Forgot to mention.To get 4G you must also have your Mobile Phone data enabled.

Message 9 of 12
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:39
its not grey but is there anyway of checking.
Message 10 of 12