Knowledge Base
Community

Second hand phone

Started by: johnhocking
On: 15/03/2019 | 09:54
Replies: 4

by: johnhocking
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:54

Hi everyone, I have been given a Motorola Moto G 3rd generation phone (a substantial step up from my very old brick!) but unfortunately it is locked to Vodafone network.  I have taken it to an independant phone retailer who can unlock mobiles but he hasn't managed to do this for me.  I really don't want to leave Giff Gaff as they have served me so well for many years and the vodafone reception where I live is almost non-existant.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks John

Message 1 of 5
by: danhamman
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:57

@johnhockingwrote:

Hi everyone, I have been given a Motorola Moto G 3rd generation phone (a substantial step up from my very old brick!) but unfortunately it is locked to Vodafone network.  I have taken it to an independant phone retailer who can unlock mobiles but he hasn't managed to do this for me.  I really don't want to leave Giff Gaff as they have served me so well for many years and the vodafone reception where I live is almost non-existant.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks John

Might be worth contacting Vodafone for unlocking (or getting a different handset...)

.:.
Message 2 of 5
by: natty88
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:57

@johnhocking  try checking here for help with unlocking http://giffgaff.com/unlock or try cheap unlock codes on eBay

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: clikasarus
on: 15/03/2019 | 10:07

@johnhocking   Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community

here are a few unlock shops on the net ⬇️

Unlocks.Co.Uk

or

Cellunlocker.net

I would also if you can pay with PayPal so you have some form of cover

Ihope this helps👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
by: ross1408
on: 15/03/2019 | 10:19
I got a Vodafone phone unlocked, using this link
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

It should be free to do

You will need your IMEI number which will be on the original box, or under the battery if it can be removed
or
You can find your IMEI in the following ways: by entering *#06# on your phone's call screen.
If you find any of this useful consider an appropriate acknowledgement
Message 5 of 5