Community

Selling my gold number

Started by: giffgaffer173
On: 14/07/2019 | 18:59
Replies: 17

Go to best answer
by: giffgaffer173
on: 14/07/2019 | 18:59

I am selling my gold number that is on Giffgaff!  I have requested a pac code that I received within seconds!  But I don't want to lose this account... what happens to your account after the number has been ported over? Also if the buyer wants to stay on Giffgaff would the pac code still work with them joining Giffgaff or would I have to give the person this account? Have not found buyer yet so not sure what network it would be!  Any advice would be much appreciated!  Thank you! 

Message 1 of 18
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: various_mm
on: 14/07/2019 | 21:16

@giffgaffer173wrote:

I never even thought about the payback! Why would that be lost if the account is still active? Not too bothered about the £5.53 credit but the payback is totally different!

@giffgaffer173 

thats just one of the conditions of payback, so there is no way around this. GG has set this as a condition if getting payback 

the terms and conditions on payback state the follwing  : https://giffgaff.com/boiler-plate/terms#Payback

7.8. If your Account becomes inactive (through closure or porting of your mobile telephone number) your Payback Points will be removed.

if you dont want to lose payback then the only option is wait until dec when payback is paid out and then do the PAC.

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a 'best answer'. Thank you!
Message 11 of 18
by: natty88
on: 14/07/2019 | 19:08

@giffgaffer173  only your number leaves giffgaff you free to activate another SIM after numbers transferred from giffgaff as for the buyer they would need to move it to giffgaff on a new account and giffgaff SIM card from another network or if already on giffgaff give the Pac code to move to there SIM card hopefully that helps out 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 18
on: 14/07/2019 | 19:15
So no matter what network it is just give them the pac code is that what you are saying? I want to stay on Giffgaff but with another number and did not want to start building another account! Also I have credit on this account would I still lose that?
Message 3 of 18
by: figment_uk
on: 14/07/2019 | 19:25

@giffgaffer173 

The PAC will allow them to move the number to any other UK provider.  Remember that the PAC is only valid for 30 days, If not used by then, it will expire and you will have to request another. 

If the buyer wants to use it on giffgaff, there are two options:

1. You give them your account (after deleting/changing all personal info); or
  2. They port the number to a different provider, wait 24 hours, get a PAC from that provider and port the number to a new giffgaff account (after activating a giffgaff SIM)

Your account will not close, but you will lose the balance, payback and remaining goodybag(s) as soon as your number ports out.   You will have to wait until after the port out completes and all trace of your number has been removed from your account before you can activate a new SIM on the same account to get a new number. (This cannot be a SIM that you ordered from the same account before your number ported out). A new goodybag or credit purchase is required to activate the SIM (as if you were joining for the first time). 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 4 of 18
by: various_mm
on: 14/07/2019 | 19:55

@giffgaffer173wrote:

So no matter what network it is just give them the pac code is that what you are saying? I want to stay on Giffgaff but with another number and did not want to start building another account! Also I have credit on this account would I still lose that?

@giffgaffer173 

when you port your number away your account with GG will still stay, but your sim will be activated AND you WILL lost any outstanding credit you have att he point which the PAC process starts 

I'm not sure how it works but you may need to have the account with the network that you are taking the number to, and then once the number has moved over you can then change the acocunt owner to the new one. best thing would be to check the network you are/ wnat the number moved over to

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a 'best answer'. Thank you!
Message 5 of 18
on: 14/07/2019 | 20:01
I never even thought about the payback! Why would that be lost if the account is still active? Not too bothered about the £5.53 credit but the payback is totally different!
Message 6 of 18
by: nigelbrooks
on: 14/07/2019 | 20:10

@giffgaffer173 

Because you need an unbroken active record on the account which earned the payback.

The momentyou port out the account is effectively closed (although you can still activate a new SIM on it) and any balance or payback is forfeit (see the T&Cs).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 7 of 18
by: figment_uk
on: 14/07/2019 | 20:17

@giffgaffer173 

@giffgaffer173 wrote:

The giffgaff's Terms and Conditions that relate to payback points state: (my bold)

7.5 To qualify for Payback Points you must:

• (a) be aged 16 years or over;
  • (b) have an active SIM Card at the Payback Date; and
  • (c )have successfully made a connecting call or SMS to any mobile or used mobile internet at least once in the 3 months prior to end of the relevant Payback Period.”

7.6. If you select a PayPal transfer, you are responsible for providing us with valid PayPal account details. If there is a refund generated from the member-side back to giffgaff the full amount will not be rolled over or paid to a different PayPal address.

7.7. We may suspend or discontinue the Payback Points scheme at any time. In this event we will provide notice on giffgaff.com.You would stop accruing Payback Points but if you are eligible for a payback before the suspension or discontinuation of the Payback Points scheme, we will honour it.

7.8. If your Account becomes inactive (through closure or porting of your mobile telephone number) your Payback Points will be removed.

I cannot find anything that says that points removed under clause 7.8 will be reinstated if you activate a new SIM on the account.

@t_will  may be better placed to explain what happens with payback in situations like this.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 8 of 18
by: pwei94
on: 14/07/2019 | 20:23
There has been a small number of members saying that have posted a number out, but then registered a new sim and number on the same account and not lost payback. Would be interesting to know the official line
Message 9 of 18
by: karenyates
on: 14/07/2019 | 20:26

How are you going to make people aware of your "gold number" because I assume you cannot list it on the forum?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 18