Community

Short code for remaining data

Started by: g_deac
On: 30/08/2018 | 11:06
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: g_deac
on: 30/08/2018 | 11:06 edited: 08/09/2018 | 19:12

Without me having to read through all 42 pages in Tips, can someone tell me if there is a code to put in on my phone to check remaining data without having to connect to find dashboard? Having recently run out then unable to access internet. 

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: jonkent
on: 30/08/2018 | 20:53
@g_deac

There isn't, no, aside from (as you mention) your Dashboard, or a data tracking app for your device (providing you have a device with the capability of having one that is).

Most smartphones for example have them generally built-in, though they are not always 100% on the money.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: jonkent
on: 30/08/2018 | 20:53
@g_deac

There isn't, no, aside from (as you mention) your Dashboard, or a data tracking app for your device (providing you have a device with the capability of having one that is).

Most smartphones for example have them generally built-in, though they are not always 100% on the money.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
by: harrrrrry
on: 30/08/2018 | 21:50

@g_deac

At present you can only obtain remaining data when logged in. There seems to be some technical problem in obtaining information about data via those shortcodes.

But there's a special dashboard in development -- see https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Coming-soon-Dashboard-Light/m-p/22046843 -- which will show remaining data and other goodybag contents without having to be logged in. According to the announcement it's being tested with a small random sample of users at the moment.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 3