Knowledge Base
Community

Sim Swap.

Started by: seans39
On: 26/04/2019 | 05:03
Replies: 7

by: seans39
on: 26/04/2019 | 05:03

My phone was stolen,not returned either.I now have a used phone and wish to do a sim swap to retain my original number?

Incidentally I have another phone,but it would,nt activate after many attempts?

I don,t want to sim swap with the two sims that failed to activate in that phone.

Will the sim swap be able to retain my number from my stolen phone?

Message 1 of 8
by: natty88
on: 26/04/2019 | 05:09

@seans39  as long as you i have not reported the SIM lost to giffgaff a sim swap will move the number to a new SIM card as shown here 

sim swap please follow this guide to swap current number to new SIM card sim swap http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-to-use-SIM-Swap/td-p/6885194 please remember sim swaps cannot be done between 9.30pm and 4.30am 

also remember to restart phone after approximately 30mins

if you don't have a spare Unactivated SIM card pop into likes of pound land Tesco asda Wilkinson b&m Sainsbury Iceland co up Argos or Mc colls where you can buy a new 3in1 SIM for around 79 pence then follow the sim swap link given 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
by: tonychurm39
on: 26/04/2019 | 06:24
Hello
A sim swap will work but only if you did not report your phone lost or stolen.
Message 4 of 8
by: bains60
on: 26/04/2019 | 06:30
Have a look at this easy to follow video to help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1QoXIl6xEM

Note if you have reported the sim lost/stolen then you must wait for the replacement and this method will not work.

Message 5 of 8
on: 26/04/2019 | 10:18

i don,t see what difference whether i reported my phone lost/stolen to Giffgaff or not?

The fact is that I did report it to Giffgaff.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 8
on: 26/04/2019 | 10:25

Yes I reported my phone to giffgaff as lost.Yes I put a standard sim in my phone today,and giffgaff say i am activated.But I can,t make calls nor send texts,so I,m utterly confused???How can I be activated if unable to call or text?

A replacement sim is what I need,is this correct?

Why is the sim swap method no good with a standard sim,I don,t get it?

Message 7 of 8