Community

Sim activated and no service after 6 days

Started by: mariel_alejandra_g_s
On: 08/10/2015 | 15:21
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: mariel_alejandra_g_s
on: 08/10/2015 | 15:21

Hi, I activated my SIM card 6 days ago with 12pounds goodybag and I still get no signal, no calls, no internet, nothing.

I brought my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Mexico and ulocked it with a pin code from unlockunit.com. I already arranged all the settings of the APN and I just can´t make it work.

It's worth mentioning that when I turn it off and then on, apparently I get phone signal and the internet works correctly for about 1 minute or less, but that is all, after that everything stops working.

I don´t know if it might be the SIM or if there is a centre where I can bring my phone to get help with it.

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: gnans22
on: 08/10/2015 | 16:18

mariel_alejandra_g_s wrote:

Hi, I activated my SIM card 6 days ago with 12pounds goodybag and I still get no signal, no calls, no internet, nothing.

I brought my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Mexico and ulocked it with a pin code from unlockunit.com. I already arranged all the settings of the APN and I just can´t make it work.

It's worth mentioning that when I turn it off and then on, apparently I get phone signal and the internet works correctly for about 1 minute or less, but that is all, after that everything stops working.

I don´t know if it might be the SIM or if there is a centre where I can bring my phone to get help with it.

@mariel_alejandra_g_s The symptomps sounds more of a phone issue. If you have access to another phone, try the sim in it.

Giffgaff is online only and doesn't have any support center. You can take your phone to a local phone repair shop they will be able to help you for a small fee.

Free SIM with £5 credit to UK in first class post
Free SIM with £5 to Worldwide

If my post helped, click on Kudos or set as Best Answer if your problem is solved Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
by: im_mandi
on: 08/10/2015 | 15:25
Hi, it sounds like a phone issue so ask at a local phone repair shop
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: deanwh
on: 08/10/2015 | 15:27
Hi there @mariel_alejand… my friend
You will need to install giffgaff APN settings
manually but that's so easy once you no how don't worry my friend I'm hear to help just follow this guide....

Go to your device "settings"

Select "More "settings"

Select "Wireless and networks".

Select "Mobile networks".

Select "Access point names".
tap the menu key.

Select new APN.
...Type in this information below...

Name-giffgaff

APN-giffgaff. com

Username-giffgaff

Password - ... leave blank...

MMSC -http:mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy 82.132.254.1

MMS port-8080

MCC-234

MNC-10

Authentication type -PAP

APN type - default,supl,mms

Press the menu key select SAVE APN.
Now Tick the little circle next to the APN....
It can also help to Turn your device OFF and On again

Also make sure that your mobile data is enabled or packet data in your mobile and wireless network settings

And finally don't forget to have a great day the giffgaffers way;-)
Dean:-)
Message 3 of 6
by: roda_
on: 08/10/2015 | 15:29
Hi
Are your APN settings correct
Message 4 of 6
by: macca28
on: 08/10/2015 | 15:30

hi

it sounds like the battery is dead and may need charging/replacing

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
by: gnans22
on: 08/10/2015 | 16:18

mariel_alejandra_g_s wrote:

@mariel_alejandra_g_s The symptomps sounds more of a phone issue. If you have access to another phone, try the sim in it.

Giffgaff is online only and doesn't have any support center. You can take your phone to a local phone repair shop they will be able to help you for a small fee.

Free SIM with £5 credit to UK in first class post
Free SIM with £5 to Worldwide

If my post helped, click on Kudos or set as Best Answer if your problem is solved Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6