Community

Sim card

Started by: jameshocking1
On: 25/07/2018 | 15:05
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: jameshocking1
on: 25/07/2018 | 15:05

My sons phone as not been in use for about 4 months had to save up to get his screen fixed ive was wandering with it being so long would his sim card still work i have rang and txt him on it and he recieves them but before i get a voucher put on it for him does any one know if he would still be able to use his old sim as somepeople say that after a few months that the number gets taken off and i couldnt offord to be wasting money on his old sim even though i know he can recieve calls and txts still on it .all help appreciated thanks in advance .

Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: pete2009
on: 25/07/2018 | 15:13

Hi

The sim / account etc will still be active after 4 months without use.

However you need to make a chargeable transaction within 6 months to avoid the account being deactivated and the number recycled.

Cheers

Message 3 of 4
by: danhamman
on: 25/07/2018 | 15:07

As long as he had done one of the following in any 6 month period:

- make a call

- send a text

- top-up/add goodybag

- use data connection

@jameshocking1

.:.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
by: pete2009
on: 25/07/2018 | 15:13

Hi

The sim / account etc will still be active after 4 months without use.

However you need to make a chargeable transaction within 6 months to avoid the account being deactivated and the number recycled.

Cheers

Message 3 of 4
by: jameshocking1
on: 25/07/2018 | 15:40
Thank you so it should be ok then . I was thinking that but werant sure so could it still recieve calls and txt after six months iam just worried that it might be able to recieve but not let him send calls or txt .Ive asked him to just get another sim but he says all his friends have got this number .
Message 4 of 4