Community

Sim not activating

Started by: natz1986
On: 26/08/2015 | 16:36
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
by: natz1986
on: 26/08/2015 | 17:10
@philbond thank you for your speedy response.

My phone is unlocked. The sim is clean and I have tried my moms gift gaff sim and her partners orange sim. Both work.
Message 11 of 15
by: philbond
on: 26/08/2015 | 17:12 edited: 26/08/2015 | 17:16

natz1986 wrote:

@philbond thank you for your speedy response.

My phone is unlocked. The sim is clean and I have tried my moms gift gaff sim and her partners orange sim. Both work.

Our posts seem to have crossed @natz1986 Smiley Very Happy  check reply number 10, that's your best bet

Possibly the spare sim you had was over 6 months old?  If so, giffgaff recommend sim swap is done with sims less than 6 months old...

Retired Super Recruiter
Message 12 of 15
by: rayhoo
on: 26/08/2015 | 17:22

natz1986 wrote:

I did not report sim lost as I read instructions online says I didn't need to do so if I had a sim from gift gaff on hand and could just do a sim swap. I have removed battery several times and sim. I have cleaned I have blown and it still dosnt see it. I tried some one elses sim and my phone sees it so it's not my phone

If it's a brand new SIM then enter the SIM Serial Number here https://giffgaff.com/activate to see if it says 'This SIM has already been activated'

Click on "Can't find your activation code" and enter the SIM Serial Number

If it offers the SIM Swap then continue with the process.

Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
by: philbond
on: 26/08/2015 | 17:25

rayhoo wrote:

natz1986 wrote:

I did not report sim lost as I read instructions online says I didn't need to do so if I had a sim from gift gaff on hand and could just do a sim swap. I have removed battery several times and sim. I have cleaned I have blown and it still dosnt see it. I tried some one elses sim and my phone sees it so it's not my phone

If it's a brand new SIM then enter the SIM Serial Number here https://giffgaff.com/activate to see if it says 'This SIM has already been activated'

@rayhoo there's not much point if the phone doesn't recognise the sim though???

Retired Super Recruiter
Message 14 of 15
by: rayhoo
on: 26/08/2015 | 17:30

philbond wrote:

rayhoo wrote:

natz1986 wrote:

@rayhoo there's not much point if the phone doesn't recognise the sim though???

I'm assuming that the swap may have started but stuck. The quickest way forward might be to swap again with new SIM if my previous suggestions fail.

Message 15 of 15