Community

Speaking clock

Started by: katiejwilsonuk
On: 20/08/2018 | 16:59
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: katiejwilsonuk
on: 20/08/2018 | 16:59

My phone constantly pocket dials voicemail (actually speaking clock) and charges me every time. Costing me a fortune.  How do I stop it???

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: rayraybb
on: 20/08/2018 | 17:20

Hi it would be recommended to add a lock screen to your phone to avoid accidentally pressing the wrong buttons and making calls. This can be done in your phone settings 

Message 6 of 6
by: smithster225225
on: 20/08/2018 | 17:01
@katiejwilsonuk

Hi there Smiley Happy

Go into settings and lock the keypad/touchscreen

thanks
Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 2 of 6
by: bladerunner929
on: 20/08/2018 | 17:06

@katiejwilsonuk ensure your phone is lock and possibly remove all speed dial numbers from the keypad 

Message 3 of 6
by: mrsgrowler
on: 20/08/2018 | 17:11

@katiejwilsonuk wrote:

My phone constantly pocket dials voicemail (actually speaking clock) and charges me every time. Costing me a fortune.  How do I stop it???

As well as locking the screen to prevent the the speed dialling @katiejwilsonuk you should check where 123 has become saved as your voicemail number and change it to the correct number which for giffgaff is 443

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 4 of 6
by: jfc1951
on: 20/08/2018 | 17:11

@katiejwilsonuk wrote:

Hi @katiejwilsonuk Speaking Clock is 123, that is also the Voicemail number for Three.

Is your Voicemail preset populated with that or the giffgaff 443 number? If the former, that is what may be getting invoked rather than three separate key depressions.

Anyway, a keyboard/screen lock will prevent pocket dialing.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.  -  Homer Simpson

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
by: rayraybb
on: 20/08/2018 | 17:20

Hi it would be recommended to add a lock screen to your phone to avoid accidentally pressing the wrong buttons and making calls. This can be done in your phone settings 

Message 6 of 6