Knowledge Base
Community

Starting a goody bag

Started by: quinc76
On: 13/08/2019 | 21:26
Replies: 4

by: quinc76
on: 13/08/2019 | 21:26

Hi, so bought my son a phone from giffgaff along with a £10 goody bag. When phone arrived I did not see the sim, but I had a spare and set it up but to activate it I had to pay £10 for another goody bag.. anyway after various usernames and passwords were wrong and resets it all got a bit confusing.. so we are now using the sim that came with phone when we found it but now using the new goody bag. Is there a way of gettin a refund from original goody bag? Cheers for any help. 

Message 1 of 5
by: benjamin567
on: 13/08/2019 | 21:31

Hi there @quinc76 

You can try getting a refund from an agent here: https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Top-up-balances-and-goodybags/Cancelling-a-goodybag-or-top-up-...

However, the goodybag that you originally bought links to your giffgaff account and not your sim. this allows you to switch sims without losing goodybags and credit.

If my answer has helped you then please click the Kudos button and select 'Best Answer'
If you want to reply to this answer then type '@benjamin567' somewhere in your response please so I get notified - have a good day!
Message 2 of 5
by: clikasarus
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:14

@quinc76  Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community

•You will have to contact a agent as they deal with refunds try here ⬇️

Top Up Balances And Goodybags/Credit Debit Card Or PayPal Over

•But please be patient as it could take upto 24 hours for them to reply which you can view here ⬇️

Agent Answers

Agents work from 8am until 11pm per day

hope this has been helpful for you

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: sloz
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:52
@quinc76
Hi, you must have purchsed the phone and gooybag via another account,

It would be preferable to gain access to that account, in case you need to arrange a return of the phone
And if you didn't pay for the phone outright, you need to manage the loan,

Do you have another unactivated giffgaff sim card?
If possible, I would ask an agent to cancel the account you activated the sim on

And then locate the account you purchsed the phone on
And activate another sim on that account

As well as keeping everything in one place
You will also take advantage of extra data in the £10 goodybag which comes into effect tommorrow
So you'll receive 6gb instead of 3gb

Could you check emails received from giffgaff to see if you can spot the username you purchased the phone from
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
by: jaymailsays
on: 14/08/2019 | 03:48

You have two different membernames, two different mobile numbers and two goodybags on two different live sims! Is that correct?

You want to get a refund on the spare sim, that did not come with the phone. Is that also correct?

Can you see the goodybag here?

https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

If so, ask an agent for a refund because of change of mind within 14 days.

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/My-account/Cancelling-my-account/form/

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5