Knowledge Base
Community

Stickers are here, but unread message count is broken!

Started by: slarti
On: 09/11/2017 | 16:08
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: slarti
on: 09/11/2017 | 16:08 edited: 09/11/2017 | 16:28

So the stickers that weren't here this morning are now, but the number showing new posts in a thread doesn't go away after you've been into the thread.

And when you go back into one you don't jump down the the first message you haven't read.

Edit: The number of unread posts in a thread is only wrong for posts made since stickers went live. So new threads stay with the total number of posts and if you'd read 10 this morning and there are 2 more since stickers started then the count stays at 2.

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
on: 10/11/2017 | 11:16

harrrrrry wrote:

@slarti

The unread posts count has been wrong since 2016 when the new forum started -- or possibly even before that.

I suspect it's not being updated in real time, which makes it a bit pointless -- but there are also some known circumstances where moving messages to other threads does not also move the unread message counts.

Of course, stickers might have increased the circumstanes where it is wrong, but they have always been unreliable.

That's not been my experience with the website, on a PC. Which is the only way I access giffgaff.

After I posted my help message it seemed to get fixed in that I again see how many posts in a thread I haven't read and get taken to the first unread post in a thread I have looked at before.

Message 3 of 3
by: harrrrrry
on: 09/11/2017 | 19:28

@slarti

The unread posts count has been wrong since 2016 when the new forum started -- or possibly even before that.

I suspect it's not being updated in real time, which makes it a bit pointless -- but there are also some known circumstances where moving messages to other threads does not also move the unread message counts.

Of course, stickers might have increased the circumstanes where it is wrong, but they have always been unreliable.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
on: 10/11/2017 | 11:16

harrrrrry wrote:

@slarti

That's not been my experience with the website, on a PC. Which is the only way I access giffgaff.

After I posted my help message it seemed to get fixed in that I again see how many posts in a thread I haven't read and get taken to the first unread post in a thread I have looked at before.

Message 3 of 3