on 01-09-2011 20:47
I am using my iPhone 4 with my SIM, and it is working great. But there is one thing I noticed..
I brought my phone from home (USA) and it is a AT&T phone but I am using the gevey SIM Ultra.
So I am adding a few contacts from my friends who just bought phones that are also studying abraod with me.
I have their numbers saved in my contacts, and I can call them or text them. But every time they call me, their name doesn't show up, it just shows their number.
Is there any way to fix this? Not a huge deal, as the phone still works great, but it is just slightly annoying.
This question has a Best Answer. Go to Best Answer
on 02-09-2011 12:56
So I just found out if I add the +44 in front of the number I cannot make any calls. It says calling and then the call ends immediately. Is this supposed to happen?
Are you dropping the first zero in the phone number?
on 01-09-2011 22:34
That is exactly what is in my phone under his contact, but yet the caller ID still does not work.
02-09-2011 09:32 - edited 02-09-2011 09:33
Have a read of this:
Fix the Caller ID showing numbers instead of contacts names on the Gevey SIM unlocked iPhones!
1. Your iPhone has to be jailbroken and to have Cydia installed.
2. Open Cydia and install iFile.
3. Close Cydia and open the installed iFile.
4. Navigate to: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFo
5. Click on the UIMobileCountryCodes.plist and open it with Text Viewer.
6. Click Edit on the top left corner.
7. Change the 202 to 001
8. Change the gr to (your country 2 letter code e.g. it for Italy, fr for France)
9. Save and close iFile. Reboot your iPhone!
02-09-2011 09:43 - edited 02-09-2011 09:43
I do have iTunes. I can give this a try. andylamb, so are you saying I have to jailbreak my phone for it to work?
If that is the case then I will just deal with it not working, it's not a huge deal