Community

Telephone Numbers

Started by: harold_astbury670
On: 11/11/2014 | 20:03
Replies: 3

by: harold_astbury670
on: 11/11/2014 | 20:03

Hello

I have two telephone numbers related to my Nokia N8-00 phone. The first was successfully transferred by PAC from t-mobile, which is working, and the other was sent to me by Giffgaff through the request for a simm card,.and is just a number only. As I Would like to keep both numbers, please advise how this can be achieved. 

I am unaware how this situation occured.

Regards H_A

Message 1 of 4
by: mcilwraith
on: 11/11/2014 | 22:30 edited: 11/11/2014 | 22:31

i`m afraid if you have ported your number over to giffgaff thats the only number that will be available to you

the only way to have 2 numbers is to have 2 accounts

Message 2 of 4
by: pauline476
on: 12/11/2014 | 00:39

@harold_astbury670 wrote:

Hello

I have two telephone numbers related to my Nokia N8-00 phone. The first was successfully transferred by PAC from t-mobile, which is working, and the other was sent to me by Giffgaff through the request for a simm card,.and is just a number only. As I Would like to keep both numbers, please advise how this can be achieved. 

Regards H_A

Good morning @harold_astbury670 iCan you confirm what you have done so far with the second sim?

If you had an activated giffgaff sim and transferred your number then that number will be associated with that sim.

If you want to activate an additional sim card then you must do so on a different account. Rules are one sim one account. You can have as many accounts as you wish, as long as the usernames are different all other details can be the same.

However, if you haven't yet activated the second sim then no number will be associated with it because you are only given a number when you activate a giffgaff sim.

If you want two giffgaff sims just open another account, different username but all other details can be the same. activate the new sim and you will be assigned a new giffgaff number on the new account as soon as the sim is activated.

If you tried to activate the new sim on your existing account you would be given the choice to do a sim swap on your account, which would just transfer everything, number credit, goodybag etc. from one sim to another.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
by: rayhoo
on: 12/11/2014 | 10:22

@harold_astbury670 wrote:

Hello

Regards H_A

Did you request the second SIM yourself or was it just sent out to you as a spare SIM (to hand on to a friend)?

Unless the SIM was a 'Relplacement' SIM (through reporting your SIM lost/stolen) then there'll be no number attached to it until you register, top up and activate it.  If this were the case then it would have to be under a new username as a new account.

If you wish to use a second SIM that's fine, but it would mean having two separate accounts (2 numbers).

If the second SIM were just sent to then it would be linked to your account for receiveing points upon activation, but there would be no number on the actual SIM until registered and a new phone would then be allocated.

If you still need help then just ask again and give as much information as you can.

Message 4 of 4