Tethering

Started by: andyinhull
On: 20/03/2013 | 13:06
Replies: 23

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: andyinhull
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:06

If i buy the simport adapator for my Nexus 4 and watch sky sports on my 32" HDTV, will this be classed as tethering?

Message 1 of 24
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: alant
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:16
Best Answer

amg_x wrote:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Connecting-Your-Mobile-Phone-amp-Tablet-To-A-Television/bc-p/8...

have a quick read there, by what I read there - its fine

Careful.... this relates to connecting to a TV to use the big screen. I'm not sure it is anything to do with 'tethering' per se.

If the OP uses their phone to stream files/TV programmes and exceeds the levels which indicate possible tethering, they could/will get a warning.

Whilst connecting to a TV may be ok, if it leads to 'excessive' data usage, teh warnings/bans will be the same.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 24
by: bigdaveuk
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:08
need abit more information mate
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 24
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:11

It's basically a lead that plugs in your simport and connects to a HDTV so not running through a PC or anything, just watching the content on your phone on a bigger screen.

Message 4 of 24
by: cutestrawberryflower
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:11
you should have a look here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Connecting-Your-Mobile-Phone-amp-Tablet-To-A-Television/bc-p/8...
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Kudos Me if above helped also don't forget to accept a solution if your query has been answered Smiley Happy x
Message 5 of 24
by: kerrieanne
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:14
if your streaming from your phone then yes
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6S
Message 6 of 24
by: philiplittle40
I used to think so based on early giffgaff statements - however recent comments by Riaz and on the blog suggest this is now fine Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 24
by: alant
Best Answer

amg_x wrote:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Connecting-Your-Mobile-Phone-amp-Tablet-To-A-Television/bc-p/8...

have a quick read there, by what I read there - its fine

Careful.... this relates to connecting to a TV to use the big screen. I'm not sure it is anything to do with 'tethering' per se.

If the OP uses their phone to stream files/TV programmes and exceeds the levels which indicate possible tethering, they could/will get a warning.

Whilst connecting to a TV may be ok, if it leads to 'excessive' data usage, teh warnings/bans will be the same.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 24
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:17

But perfectly fine to stream from my phone over wi-fi? Sorry if i'm being a bit thick!

Message 9 of 24
by: mathew40
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:18
Hi there.
As far as im aware it it not classed as tethering at all.As you are using a lead to join your device to your tv.Please also take a look at giffgaffs terms and conditions and always be aware that streaming for long durations could affect your usage.
Click Onto My Banner Below And Order ANY FREE Sim Card With £5 FREE Credit
Message 10 of 24