Tethering

Started by: andyinhull
On: 20/03/2013 | 13:06
Replies: 23

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: andyinhull
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:06

If i buy the simport adapator for my Nexus 4 and watch sky sports on my 32" HDTV, will this be classed as tethering?

Message 1 of 24
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: alant
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:16

amg_x wrote:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Connecting-Your-Mobile-Phone-amp-Tablet-To-A-Television/bc-p/8...

have a quick read there, by what I read there - its fine

Careful.... this relates to connecting to a TV to use the big screen. I'm not sure it is anything to do with 'tethering' per se.

If the OP uses their phone to stream files/TV programmes and exceeds the levels which indicate possible tethering, they could/will get a warning.

Whilst connecting to a TV may be ok, if it leads to 'excessive' data usage, teh warnings/bans will be the same.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 24
by: bigdaveuk
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:08
need abit more information mate
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 24
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:11

It's basically a lead that plugs in your simport and connects to a HDTV so not running through a PC or anything, just watching the content on your phone on a bigger screen.

Message 4 of 24
by: cutestrawberryflower
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:11
you should have a look here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Connecting-Your-Mobile-Phone-amp-Tablet-To-A-Television/bc-p/8...
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Kudos Me if above helped also don't forget to accept a solution if your query has been answered Smiley Happy x
Message 5 of 24
by: kerrieanne
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:14
if your streaming from your phone then yes
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6S
Message 6 of 24
by: philiplittle40
I used to think so based on early giffgaff statements - however recent comments by Riaz and on the blog suggest this is now fine Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 24
by: alant

amg_x wrote:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Connecting-Your-Mobile-Phone-amp-Tablet-To-A-Television/bc-p/8...

have a quick read there, by what I read there - its fine

Careful.... this relates to connecting to a TV to use the big screen. I'm not sure it is anything to do with 'tethering' per se.

If the OP uses their phone to stream files/TV programmes and exceeds the levels which indicate possible tethering, they could/will get a warning.

Whilst connecting to a TV may be ok, if it leads to 'excessive' data usage, teh warnings/bans will be the same.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 24
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:17

But perfectly fine to stream from my phone over wi-fi? Sorry if i'm being a bit thick!

Message 9 of 24
by: mathew40
on: 20/03/2013 | 13:18
Hi there.
As far as im aware it it not classed as tethering at all.As you are using a lead to join your device to your tv.Please also take a look at giffgaffs terms and conditions and always be aware that streaming for long durations could affect your usage.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 24