Community

Texting french short codes

Started by: sailor_bill
On: 17/03/2019 | 19:21
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: sailor_bill
on: 17/03/2019 | 19:21

How do i text a French short code (5 digit number) from the uk on my Giffgaff mobile?

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sloz
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:07

@sailor_billwrote:

Hi @sloz  

Thanks for the reply, I believe the number is 52003, it belongs to a French bank

@sailor_bill

Unfortunatey that's not supported on giffgaff, 

It would usually be the case that texts to shortcode numbers would only work within the country in question and using a sim from that country 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: shibolleth
on: 17/03/2019 | 19:23
Hiya @sailor_bill
You will not be able to text a French short code using a UK mobile from the UK as these codes are assigned differently by each country.

Hopefully this helped; have a nice day-
shibolleth
Always mark a best answer and kudo if an answer helped you! It takes less than a second and it helps out the community significantly! Thank you!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
on: 17/03/2019 | 19:24
@sailor_bill
Hi, it's likely that the number can't be texted from the uk

Could I ask the 5 digit number?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: natty88
on: 17/03/2019 | 19:26

@sailor_bill  you'll need top up credit prices vary as it may be a premium rate one cost7 can be seen here for normal texts but 5digit ones have a service charged usually and are out included in goody bags  allowances as shown here services not included in goody bags allowances

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Inclusive-and-non-inclusive-calls...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:01

Hi @sloz  

Thanks for the reply, I believe the number is 52003, it belongs to a French bank

Message 5 of 7
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:07

@sailor_billwrote:

Hi @sloz  

@sailor_bill

Unfortunatey that's not supported on giffgaff, 

It would usually be the case that texts to shortcode numbers would only work within the country in question and using a sim from that country 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
on: 18/03/2019 | 22:59
Thank you @shibolleth
I will have to get a full length number from them
Message 7 of 7