Community

Topping up when out of data

Started by: bertcocaine
On: 22/09/2015 | 07:57
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: bertcocaine
on: 22/09/2015 | 07:57

Last couple of months I've found I am unable to access the top up page of the website when I have no data unless I have wifi. I have also downloaded the iOS app, but cannot use that when I have no data.

How do I top up when I'm out of data?

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: blockmonkey
on: 22/09/2015 | 09:45
Hi Bert. Have you tried rebooting your phone and then trying to accsess the top up page again? There was a bug I think where you could not accsess the top up page when yiu had run out of data, but I am sure they rectified the issue.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: natty88
on: 22/09/2015 | 07:58
buy. this great guide will explain how to buy a goodybag early if your current one has less than 5 megabytes data or 5 calling mins .also if using the giffgaff app log out an use phones normal browser thanks. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/Start-your-next-goodybag-today/m-p/15204463#M117152
DONT forget you will lose any remaining calls texts or data so please please take care an DONT pick agigabag as thats data only.
if you need any other help just ask cheers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
on: 22/09/2015 | 09:26
I don't think you've understood my problem.

I cannot access the website on my browser when I have no data.
Message 3 of 7
by: bigdaveuk
on: 22/09/2015 | 09:29
why don't you set up recur top up or recur goodybag?
you need to put your card details in and the same link just click on the one you want.
https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
on: 22/09/2015 | 09:36
Thanks, but again you haven't understood the question..
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
by: blockmonkey
on: 22/09/2015 | 09:45
Hi Bert. Have you tried rebooting your phone and then trying to accsess the top up page again? There was a bug I think where you could not accsess the top up page when yiu had run out of data, but I am sure they rectified the issue.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: navvy
on: 22/09/2015 | 09:50
The problem with having to pay for the free topup pages was fixed on the last few days of August. You should now be able to use the topup pages even if you have no credit.

Do you have a new unactivated spare SIM? That can be used on the giffgaff.com pages to logon to your account and topup. That's working with no credit - I've tried it.
Message 7 of 7