Community

Transfer balance to another giffgaff account or options

Started by: richardharryman
On: 13/06/2018 | 22:06
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: richardharryman
on: 13/06/2018 | 22:06

Apologies if this has been covered.  I'm wondering what options I have, as I'm not making use of one of my accounts now.

I used to commute on the train and so set up another SIM for my iPad but I no longer do that or use it a great deal.  The account has £20 credit currently and now that I can tether (if I should ever really need to) I'm just not likely to use the credit I have on that account.  

If it's not possible to transfer the balance, what can I do with the money?  I'm a bit reluctant to just forget about £20.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: timco
on: 13/06/2018 | 23:48

richardharryman wrote:

Apologies if this has been covered.  I'm wondering what options I have, as I'm not making use of one of my accounts now.

I used to commute on the train and so set up another SIM for my iPad but I no longer do that or use it a great deal.  The account has £20 credit currently and now that I can tether (if I should ever really need to) I'm just not likely to use the credit I have on that account.  

If it's not possible to transfer the balance, what can I do with the money?  I'm a bit reluctant to just forget about £20.

Thanks

The only alternative to using it on gg may be using it via cash payment services like BOKU where you can possibly pay it into a bookmakers like boylessports (although when I tried this with my wife's 1p mobile account it did not work and we had to abandon £17 when leaving for 02). They can also be uised to deposit into things like bingo sites etc and then of course you can withdraw your winnings Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: bladerunner929
on: 13/06/2018 | 22:07

@richardharryman unfortunately this is not possible. You will have to use it or lose it if you let the sim expire 

Message 2 of 7
by: dips18
on: 13/06/2018 | 22:15

Hey @richardharryman im afraid you won' be able to transfer the money over to another giffgaff account. 

Best thing to do is purchase a goodybag with whatever money is remaining on that account and make use of that sim card for a month. Then once the month is over then just go back to your normal account your using. As otherwise your just gna end up losing the money on that account if you don' use it within a 6month period. 

Hope this helps you out and answers your question. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Dips
Message 3 of 7
by: jolog
on: 13/06/2018 | 22:15
Hi there, you can't transfer the balance I'm afraid, but you could either use it up - ie could you put it in a phone and set it as a hotspot to tether you other phone to it eg in the car.
You could also donate it to charity via a text message giving service
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: soco1
on: 13/06/2018 | 22:17

It’s either use it or lose it. I’ve wanted to transfer credit from 1 account to another for years but can’t so I just keep it as a back up and use it just enough to keep it active.

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
by: timco
on: 13/06/2018 | 23:48

richardharryman wrote:

Thanks

The only alternative to using it on gg may be using it via cash payment services like BOKU where you can possibly pay it into a bookmakers like boylessports (although when I tried this with my wife's 1p mobile account it did not work and we had to abandon £17 when leaving for 02). They can also be uised to deposit into things like bingo sites etc and then of course you can withdraw your winnings Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: richardharryman
on: 15/06/2018 | 11:58
This is a very interesting idea.
I am also considering a GSM/GPS tracker for spying on my wife - or more specifically fitting to one of my cars just in case of theft and this SIM would work well to prove the concept. I'm not going to bother fitting one to the wife!
I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to comment on this post - thank you.
Message 7 of 7