Get Help
Community

Transferred my number from previous provider but still getting notifications about new voicemails?

Go to best answer
by: janebus
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:26

Hi,  I transferred my old number to GG this week but I'm still receiving text notifications from my previous provider that voicemails have been left.  Also, would this affect my allowed 250 minutes, as my previous provider charged to collect voicemails. Is it possible the transfer hasn't worked properley?   Has anyone experienced this or know why this is happening please.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: ouchi81
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:28
Best Answer
Contact an agent... It usually take 24 hours... They need to fix it... Even gg charge for retriving voicemail....
Get a free giffgaff Sim*** If my answer helped you please 'Accept As A Solution' and/or say thanks with a Kudos Smiley Happy ***
Message 2 of 8
by: ouchi81
Best Answer
Contact an agent... It usually take 24 hours... They need to fix it... Even gg charge for retriving voicemail....
Get a free giffgaff Sim*** If my answer helped you please 'Accept As A Solution' and/or say thanks with a Kudos Smiley Happy ***
Message 2 of 8
by: jaydean38

How to transfer number to giffgaff?

Transferring your number to giffgaff is a fairly straight forward procedure.

Contact your current Service Provider and request a PAC code as you want to transfer (or port-out) your number to another network. PAC codes are valid for 30 days from the issue date.

Please follow the link below for full details.

Hope that helps.

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96/kw/transfer%20your%20number/r_id/166

Please give 'KUDOS' if you like my post. If my answer helped then please click 'Accept as Solution'
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 8
by: shahin7877
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:29

giffgaff agent will need to help you

shahin7877 full site banner

Please give me a kudos if i helped. Appreciated.
Message 4 of 8
by: sam1128
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:30
Well it looks like you recived voicemail while your number was in transfer process and notification now keep coming as it was not listened but was pushed from voicemail server to your phone !

Don't know how to retrieve it !

But it will not have any effect on giffgaff minutes as voicemail number to giffgaff is diffrent from your old netwok provider !

Tx
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 5 of 8
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:39
Already transferred. Process completed but seems to be a hic-cup. Not to worry, a couple of other members have solved it. thanks for trying though. :-)
Message 6 of 8
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:40
Thank you.
Message 7 of 8
on: 09/08/2012 | 23:43
Thanks, this is really helpful. I'll wait and see if it happens again as I'm not really bothered about the msg's left. Many thanks. :-)
Message 8 of 8