Community

Transferring old number with PAC code

Started by: zoeba08
On: 24/04/2019 | 21:20
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: zoeba08
on: 24/04/2019 | 21:20

I requested my old number to be transferred to Giffgaff using the PAC code provided by my previous network. Whilst I received a congratulations note from Giffgaff telling me my number has been transferred and I have recieved messages sent to my old number, any messages I send are from my Giffgaff number and my phone number still shows as the Giffgaff number. Furthermore I have just received a text from my previous supplier telling me I haven’t yet used my PAC code.

Please let me know how to sort this problem. 

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: natty88
on: 24/04/2019 | 21:23

@zoeba08  sounding like and I phone switch of and on your I messages wait til fully loads when completes do same with your face time settings when all completes restart phone to sync your number and SIM with your I tunes account this is often needed with unlocked I phones when using different network sim cards or changing numbers over you can also manually adjust your number via information in this picture Screenshot_2018-06-20-10-48-04.png

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 6
by: birdyboff
on: 24/04/2019 | 21:22

@zoeba08

Hi  try restarting your phone a few times..

Also note that it take up to 24hrs to complete. 

Message 2 of 6
by: ellebae
on: 24/04/2019 | 21:22
Hi @zoeba08 welcome to giffgaff
try turning your phone ON and OFF every 30 mins until you get a signal
usually takes 24 hours or so
When fully activated both your mob number and any airtime credit in your goodybag will show on your dashboard https://giffgaff.com/dashboard
Hope it comes in soon
Please remember to select "Best Answer" and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos!
Message 3 of 6
by: natty88

@zoeba08  sounding like and I phone switch of and on your I messages wait til fully loads when completes do same with your face time settings when all completes restart phone to sync your number and SIM with your I tunes account this is often needed with unlocked I phones when using different network sim cards or changing numbers over you can also manually adjust your number via information in this picture Screenshot_2018-06-20-10-48-04.png

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 6
by: mcilwraith

This is a common text issue with iPhones.normally easily fixed @zoeba08 

Do this

Go to Settings
Go to Messages
Switch iMessage off
Switch iMessage back on and wait a minute till it reloads

you could do the same with facetime
Once done, restart your phone and make sure you have the number correct in my number in your settings

Message 5 of 6
by: zoeba08
on: 26/04/2019 | 07:02
Thank you very much, this solved the problem !
Message 6 of 6