Knowledge Base
Community

Trying to unlock the Adult privacy settings - can an Agent help please?

Started by: justinjhutch
On: 24/12/2011 | 21:42
Replies: 14

by: bareknuckles1
on: 24/12/2011 | 22:23

I'm sorry but this is a complete waste of time - i have set up 4 of may family on giffgaff now, trying to remove adult service is just PHISHING.

Every single account which i have set up i have put driving licence number in - tried passport number all 88 characters of line 1 and 2 - nothing ever works.

IT HAS NEVER WORKED

THIS IS JUST A WAY THAT GIFFGAFF steals your passport and driving licence number !!! im not happy giving this information i am probably supporting some form of illegal immigrant importation scam.

YOU NOW HAVE MY DRIVING LICENCE NUMBER - MY PASSPORT NUMBER - MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

I AM REALLY NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS. AND I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO OFFCOM - HOW CAN GIFFGAFF VALIDATE THESE NUMBER ANYWAY - 02 (GIFFGAFF) DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE DVLA OR THE PASSPORT OFFICE TO VALIDATE THESE NUMBERS ANYWAY - NO ONE HAS!! - SO DONT GET SCAMMED

Message 11 of 15
by: sheddi
on: 24/12/2011 | 22:28

@bareknuckles1 wrote:

(rant snipped)

... I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO OFFCOM ...

Good luck with that.

Giffgaff's company motto: Communication is our business, not our strong point.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
To order a SIM from me (go on, you know you want to), click here: Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 15
by: davese1
on: 24/12/2011 | 22:39

@sheddi wrote:

@bareknuckles1 wrote:

(rant snipped)

... I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO OFFCOM ...

Good luck with that.

Yeah, if they were trying to steal data they'd be closed down a long time ago.

If I didn't help, please don't give me kudos, I don't deserve it Smiley Tongue
Message 13 of 15
by: androiduser
on: 24/12/2011 | 22:55
If using driving licence dont forget to put the arrows..if ive helped please tick my kudo..merry xmas
Message 14 of 15
by: selectplaya
on: 24/12/2011 | 23:03
I had the same problem, I just contacted an agent through the website, it took a few days but then they responded and unlocked my phone to adult content, happy tissue time! It also saved the embarks ment of going into an O2 store Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15