Currently I am in the UK. But before my good bag runs out I will leave and go to the EU. Will I be able to purchase a goody bag in the EU and it still work? I read briefly that you have to start a goodbye in the UK before you can use it in the EU.
Also if this does work. Can I get an unlimited goodybag and use it in the EU after the 20gb.. limit is up? There would be no point in me getting unlimited if this is the case. Am I able to use it at the reduced speed?
This question has a Best Answer. Go to Best Answer
' @freet43 please try this Handy guide to using giffgaff overseas please
1. Make sure you have a live goody bag or credit allowance left via here please
2. Double check roaming is enabled via here switch on/of roaming https://giffgaff.com/call-services
3. Try what's called a manual roam as explained here
4. Check this guide to using giffgaff overseas http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Using-your-mobile-abroad/ta-p/3522931
5. Double check your settings against these ones Manual settings could you try this guide via your mobile data settings an select add new apn or edit a prestored one EG 02 then enter these Connection Name: giffgaff
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not Set
Password: [leave blank]
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.media messaging.co.uk:8 002
MMS proxy: 184.108.40.206
MMS port: 8080
Authentication Type:"PAP or CHAP"
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
MVNO type: IMSI
MVNO value: 23410x also remember to click save once you have entered these setting an restart phone
7.all new Sims activated anywhere get 14days Grace of use on goody bags before having to submit UK residential documents
Yes you are right, you can roam with your goodybag in the EU, dont forget to turn on roaming when you get there and restart, if you are staying longer than your goodybag will last i would buy another goodybag that will be queued, and also you can roam with a goodybag for upto approx 92 days, after that period you will need to use airtime credit, as your roaming status will get turned off after approx 92 days.
we will be here if you need help anywy.
Check that you have a live goodybag or airtime credit by going here
Check your roaming status is on in your account by going here https://giffgaff.com/call-services
Check out this guide, its gives all the information you need about using giffgaff abroad
Your next goodybag will work unless you have been using your phone/SIM elsewhere in the EU/EEA for more than 60 days within the last 4 months. I suggest two things: