Unwanted Calls

Started by: nadders
On: 03/10/2012 | 13:08
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: nadders
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:08

Hi

My ex has somehow got hold of my GiffGaff mobile number (although I have only had it for about 4 months and we have been split 2 years) he is far from pleasant and last time I had to get a restraining order etc. a couple of things I would like to know.

1) when registering with Giffgaff are my personal details logged onto a database that can be accessed by the public?

2) I would like to change my number so as not to get continued harassing calls do I have to order a new sim or can this be done remotely and if so how will my credit/goody bag get transferred over.

Sorry for bombarding with questions I just do not want to get back to how it was 2 years ago..........Many thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: choon
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:11 edited: 03/10/2012 | 13:13

@nadders wrote:

Hi

My ex has somehow got hold of my GiffGaff mobile number (although I have only had it for about 4 months and we have been split 2 years) he is far from pleasant and last time I had to get a restraining order etc. a couple of things I would like to know.

1) when registering with Giffgaff are my personal details logged onto a database that can be accessed by the public?

2) I would like to change my number so as not to get continued harassing calls do I have to order a new sim or can this be done remotely and if so how will my credit/goody bag get transferred over. 

Sorry for bombarding with questions I just do not want to get back to how it was 2 years ago..........Many thanks

1. No

2. You can send giffgaff a request to change your number here:  http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Can-I-change-my-Mobile-Number/ta-p... but once it has been changed you will need to top up again to reactivate the sim. But don't worry any goodybag/credit balance will stay on the sim.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: nigelg
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:10
1) No. That would be bad!
2) Contact an agent and request a new number.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: amir667
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:11 edited: 03/10/2012 | 13:12

you would need to contact an agent if u wish to have your number changed follow the link below to contact an agent 

http://giffgaff.com/rightnow/ask

Click here to get your free giffgaff sim with £5 free credit
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
by: choon
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:11 edited: 03/10/2012 | 13:13

@nadders wrote:

Hi

1. No

2. You can send giffgaff a request to change your number here:  http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Can-I-change-my-Mobile-Number/ta-p... but once it has been changed you will need to top up again to reactivate the sim. But don't worry any goodybag/credit balance will stay on the sim.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: usmaan21
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:14
your personal data can not be accessed by the public as its private personal data. if you want to change your number then contact a agent or get a new sim
Message 6 of 7
by: yahya_ahmad
on: 03/10/2012 | 13:15
1. No
2. Contact an agent and request that you would like to change your number
Message 7 of 7