Knowledge Base
Community

Urgent help needed!!

Started by: godzo54
On: 09/08/2019 | 08:48
Replies: 11

by: godzo54
on: 09/08/2019 | 08:48

A few months ago I purchased a p30 pro from giffgaff, I've used it  to take pictures etc etc, I'm currently on a 15 country ride from London up to the Arctic Circle that highest point in Norway and down through its west coast.. my phone has died on me.. the battery has been diagnosed by two stores as having a fault and will not charge no hold any power. It has taken 8 hours plugged into a mains high speed charger just to get to 4%.. the moment you send a few messages it dies, the moment you disconnected it dies, I'm stuck 3500 miles from home with no way to communicate no way to access my banking and no GPS to find my way home.

I'm sitting here with €45 in my pocket.

How can I get help to get my battery replaced in the top of Norway? It's urgent

Message 1 of 12
on: 09/08/2019 | 08:50
I've been informed by two managers in mobile phone stores that the p30 pro and other Hauwei phones have a serious problems with failing in cold temperatures, and the cold temperature is 0. The coldest I've been in is 10°.. this phone should not have failed.
Message 2 of 12
by: bengalknights
on: 09/08/2019 | 08:50
Hello @godzo54 Did the local phone shops not have any batteries to swap it out with?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
on: 09/08/2019 | 08:59
The local stores have nothing, they have no idea how to service or even open the phone, the stores i have spoke said all they can do is send it away somewhere but I don't know how or where and apparently can take up to 2 weeks to get your phone back.. I'm not able to wait 2 weeks I cannot even buy food and have nowhere to stay. I need my phone battery replaced urgently, not in 2weeks time. 😔
Message 4 of 12
by: smithster225225
on: 09/08/2019 | 09:03

@godzo54wrote:

The local stores have nothing, they have no idea how to service or even open the phone, the stores i have spoke said all they can do is send it away somewhere but I don't know how or where and apparently can take up to 2 weeks to get your phone back.. I'm not able to wait 2 weeks I cannot even buy food and have nowhere to stay. I need my phone battery replaced urgently, not in 2weeks time. 😔

Hi,

Sadly there is no quick fix to this.

Can you not contact any family/friends to help?

Maybe try and ask them for some money and buy another phone temporarily then send the p30 pro back to giffgaff for repair etc?

Thanks

Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 5 of 12
by: p33t3r
on: 09/08/2019 | 09:03

The problem with modern phone batteries is that they are built in. You would need a repair shop willing to take this on and the money to fund it. A local Huawei agent may help if they feel like it, but you are a tourist so they might not feel like it. I think you are with out a phone until you get back at which point you have a case for your handset being not fit for purpose. 

Message 6 of 12
on: 09/08/2019 | 09:11
No.. They don't service anything. They just send it off. But that can take a week, I'm on a motorbike and can take it there myself a faster but nobody at Huawei will give me the location..
Message 7 of 12
on: 09/08/2019 | 09:38
Get home? I cant get home. I'm on a motorbike loaded to the hilt with luggage, I've been wild camping for the last 7500 km, my phone is not working and I'm not able to access any banking.. I can't even by petrol or get food and can not access contacts. how am I meant to get home? I need this phone sorted here somehow as without that there is no going anywhere or doing anything.
Why would I have to fund a warranty repair on a pretty new phone that's had a battery failure?
Message 8 of 12
by: smithster225225
on: 09/08/2019 | 11:36

@godzo54wrote:

Get home? I cant get home. I'm on a motorbike loaded to the hilt with luggage, I've been wild camping for the last 7500 km, my phone is not working and I'm not able to access any banking.. I can't even by petrol or get food and can not access contacts. how am I meant to get home? I need this phone sorted here somehow as without that there is no going anywhere or doing anything.
Why would I have to fund a warranty repair on a pretty new phone that's had a battery failure?

Hi,

You say you cant access any banking -

How are you paying for goods? Do you have a debit/credit card? You dont need online banking to purchase things.

Also,

How are you logging into your account to write these messages? This indicates that you have interent access and can therefore access emails (to contact family/friends) and also log onto your bank etc.

Regarding your sim contacts - are you alone? Are you with anyone?  Put your sim into their phone to get your contacts etc.

Ask someone if you can use their phone?

Go to a police station and explain whats happened? They can help?

Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 9 of 12
on: 14/08/2019 | 06:26 edited: 14/08/2019 | 06:32

Some kind norwegians have allowed me to stay in a flat for a while I'm able to plug the phone into a power source using a standard charger, it took 3 days to get the phone to 10% charge.. With that 10% I'm able to get into this forum using the app, I'm able to transfer money to my bank card and basically get food and few bits and pieces.. The moment I unplug the phone from the power source it dies completely, the battery is barely holding any charge.

If I try to use the camera to take a single photo the battery depletes by 3%.

I contacted Hawaii in Norway and I've now been told because it's the holiday season the Huawei repair centre which is in the very bottom of Sweden can take up to 46 weeks to do a repair because there are only two service agents repairing the phones from the whole country... I was told about 47 phone stores send their phones there. I have tried to buy another Huawei super charger but you cannot do that in this country without buying a whole new phone, the cheapest is £800.. I've tried to source a supercharger from Amazon or eBay but neither will send to Norway..

So I'm pretty much stuck. Sorry I meant 4 to 8 weeks repair turn around.

I don't have any family. And yes I'm alone.

Can someone ask an agent to message me please because I cannot find how to do so in the app? 

Message 10 of 12