Knowledge Base
Community

Urgent

Started by: michaellove1994
On: 09/05/2016 | 15:58
Replies: 8

by: michaellove1994
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:58
Hi I'm not happy at all I want my data back on you can't just switch someone data off because I'm using loads my data is unlimited. If it ain't the case then your giving us false stuff and I'm not typically happy about that at all. You need to sort this out asap. This is first time I've had to complain to you and I hope this is last because if this doesn't get sorted then I will go to another company and tell them what you have done because this is poor I'm not happy I've told all my friends about how good you are and now you do this to me
Message 1 of 9
by: bruno0059
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:00
You get unlimited on the £20 4g, but the speed is throttled when you've used 6GB of data. You'll be able to use data but at a educed speed (256kbps) from 8am to midnight. From midnight to 7.59am you have an unlimited data allowance at full speed.

Technically it will still be 4G but your data will be restricted to 256 Kilobits per second.
This is slower than the nominal rate for 3G (about 600 Kilobits per second).

So the answer is that your data after 6GB will be 3G ish speeds at best (since giffgaff 3G is slower than 600 Kbits/s anyway). But it will be unlimited in terms of the total amount you can access.
Message 2 of 9
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:03
That's wrong your giving me false information why give me unlimited data but because I use 6gb you reduce the speed I can't even go on my internet that's bang right out of order I ain't happy about the situation at all
Message 3 of 9
by: petercardiff
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:03

The £20 goodybag isn't unlimited data. It's classed as ALWAYS ON.

This is what the description of this goodybag says:

What does ‘Always On’ data mean?
Our Always On goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you'll always have access to data. With Always On you get 6GB of UK data at full 4G speeds and then an unlimited data allowance at a reduced speed (256kbps) from 8am to midnight. From midnight to 7.59am you have an unlimited data allowance at full speed.

https://giffgaff.com/goodybags/20pound-goodybag

Message 4 of 9
by: nad786hussain
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:04 edited: 09/05/2016 | 16:05

Our Always On goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you'll always have access to data. With Always On you get 6GB of UK data at full 4G speeds and then an unlimited data allowance at a reduced speed (256kbps) from 8am to midnight. From midnight to 7.59am you have an unlimited data allowance at full speed.

No need to panic if you’ve used up all your 6GB full speed data. You can start your next goodybag early to continue enjoying minutes and data with a fresh allowance.

Your current goodybag data needs to fall below the 5mb mark, your calling minutes must fall down to 5 minutes then you can start a goodybag early, otherwise your airtime credit will get used for data.

"I have no data or minutes left, what can I do?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOph2WF9Jo

You cannot add data to your current goody bag.

However, if you drop below 5 minutes of calls or 5 MB of data you can start a new goody bag early.

Check correct balances from your phone by keying in *100# (for airtime credit) or *100*7# (for goodybags).

Message 5 of 9
by: figment_uk
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:07

You do not have unrestricted, unlimited data. Please read the details of the goodybag you're using

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-04-26-at-19.53.30.jpg

Traffic Flow

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 6 of 9
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:07
Why would I do that what put more money into this company it's bullshit it doesn't make sense and Yes it does it says unlimited data and what because I've used 6gb of data and now There reducing speed more like saving money for themselves this company is aload of bullshit hasn't even got a call centre
Message 7 of 9
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:15

michaellove1994 wrote:

Why would I do that what put more money into this company it's bullshit it doesn't make sense and Yes it does it says unlimited data and what because I've used 6gb of data and now There reducing speed more like saving money for themselves this company is aload of bullshit hasn't even got a call centre

@michaellove1994 NO WHERE does it say UNLIMITED data. It says ALWAYS ON data.

You should be more careful reading the definitions.

If you are not happy with the internet data packages then maybe a different network would be a better option. The lucky thing with giffgaff is that you are not committed to a long term contract - you are free to move your mobile number to another network at any time.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but this is the case. giffgaff's £20 goodybag is NOT unlimted data. 

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:27

@michaellove1994 I've just had a little look around online for sim only deals on other networks and I can't find a single one who would give you UNLIMITED data. So giffgaff at £20 a month is actually really good because although you will be slowed down after the 6Gb limit is reached you will NEVER be without internet access which is what ALWAYS ON means.

On other mobile networks once you hit the data limit your internet will stop working.

So, do some research yourself to see if there's a better network package out there which you feel will suit you better and if necessary move your number to their network - but frankly giffgaff is giving you a good deal here.

Message 9 of 9